So far, we haven’t talked much about making MetaGame sustainable.
The idea was something like “lets focus on building the platform & creating value, once build out this whole gamified platform & have a lot of content, there will be infinite ways to monetize it ”
Well, I think we’ve come far enough to start having this conversation & taking the first steps towards making our work sustainable.
State of things
At the current rate, we’re minting about ~$30k/month & have pretty much 0 income.
The more we expand, the harder it becomes to make the whole thing sustainable - no shit, captain obvious!
But… There actually are some simple ways we could start making MetaGame sustainable, we just haven’t made an effort with doing that because we planned on fundraising & converting patrons on the idea of MetaGame as a whole - which hasn’t been going great!
Without futher ado, here’s a bunch of ideas
Sustaining existing work
- We could make the newsletter, podcast & metafest sustainable by finding sponsors
- We could start making MyMeta sustainable through “members only” features
- We could think about how any raid or guild that we have going could become more sustainable
- Fix the patrons leaderboard
- Finalize the perks
- Finalize Usefulness of Seeds, make usecases more easily available & shill them
- Have finalized tokenomics
- Introducing eg. trailing mints: the higher the prices of Seeds, the less we mint.
- Make patrons signups page with ranked leagues, perks & way to subscribe
We should also start thinking about what features we want to be available for anyone who stumbles onto the platform & what we’ll want to keep for “members only”
Members only features ideas:
- Search & filter MyMeta profiles. I think it makes sense to limit this to members only not just for the sake of incentivizing people to become members but also so as to not allow non-members to extract value
- Custom backgrounds, custom color scheme?
- Custom role (& skills?) when creating a profile
- Work out the guild join page with tiers, requirements & perks
- Same as “add new block” on MyMeta, there should be a way to add new blocks on the dashboard. Eventually, there should be a selection of dApp widgets/microdApps eg. updates from your DAOhaus DAOs, a token swapping widget, NFT minting or whatever…
- Some of these should either be members-only or paying a small fee to MetaGame
- No more than X blocks on your MyMeta Profile & Dashboard for non-players
- If you’re on free version, maybe your blocks gets “infected” with an ad from time to time?
- Push forward the metamerch & things like the raffle eg. Seed together, where people put in Seeds for the chance of more Seeds but a % gets burned or something
- Whatever can be bought, there should be a discount on paying with Seeds.
- Most current raids become self-sustainable DAOs or at least clearly contribute towards making MetaGame as a whole sustainable
- New raids are Seeded by MetaGame but mostly crowdfunded or financed independently
with time, all of these blocks get crowdfunded through “i want to build block x” & people who want them, funding them
- Phase 2 membership, much cheaper than becoming a patron & everybody pays
- With time, all of these “premium” or members-only features should be crowdfunded but still pay a small fee to MG.
- Talk about this some more
- Think up some great perks to come with leagues
- Think up as many income streams & Seed sinks as possible
- Make it a part of the culture to think about this whenever wanting to start a raid.
- Find a champion of sustainability?
With all of these great monetization mechanics, it will still all go to shit if we don’t focus on the adoption of MyMeta, bridgebuilding with other DAOs & getting more people on MetaOS.