Who are you, really? šŸ¤Ø

What brings you here, what do you most like about MetaGame?
Via the work of John Vervaeke on religion that is not a religion and Game B, I became interested in building new games. This ā€œMetaGameā€ sparks my interest in almost all ways. As a programmer, futurist, spiritual seeker etc.

What are you currently working on or are proud to have been working on?
Currently working on building Game B / Religions. In particular a European instance.

What kind of things do you generally like doing?
Rock climbing, self-dev, computer-dev, playing with plants, geeking out over plants.

What makes you happy?
Life

What do you want from MetaGame?
To experiment with new ways of playing the game called life.

What do you offer in return, what are your skills?
A systems thinker with a background in AI, programming, security and loads of interest into neuroscience and spirituality/self-development.

If one wishes to get in touch with you, how should one do it?
Discord :slight_smile:

What part of the world do you live in?
Europe - NL

2 Likes

Things weā€™d love to know:

• What brings you here, what do you most like about MetaGame?
    Iā€™ve been a member of the Game B Facebook group and saw this shared there. It is a group of like minded individuals gathered around the theoretical framework of a new ā€œgameā€. I like the feedback loop & gamification aspect the most. Itā€™s what makes this unique and increases the probability of success dramatically.

• What are you currently working on or are proud to have been working on?
    Myself :slight_smile:

• What kind of things do you generally like doing?
    Reading, learning and spending time in nature.

• What makes you happy?
    Increasing hope for humanity.
    Finally:

• What do you want from MetaGame?
    For it to succeed. Iā€™m ok without seeds.

• What do you offer in return, what are your skills?
    High level thinking, writing, problem solving, creativity. I also used to code js but will not anymore.
    Optional:

• If one wishes to get in touch with you, how should one do it?
    Iā€™m justakoala on discord

• What part of the world do you live in?
    Cradle of humanity

2 Likes

Hey stranger, why donā€™t you tell us more about yourself? :hugs:

This was posted in the game~b facebook page. What I most love is the gamifying of Very Serious Things. And whoever made this thing seems to have his shit together, so I feel comfortable digging into the community.

I made a thing called Eureka, which is a framework that exists to extract ideas from a social group then allocate resources according to their value. Sound familiar? This is one of a suite of apps that I am building - all centered on the idea of using tech to prevent human malevolence and encourage collaboration. This technology exists in a world that is known as Holistia, which is a network of likeminded people doing stuff like what youā€™ve got going on here at MetaGame. The network exists digitally, but exists in explicit service to the irl. This concept, of creating tech that is explicitly in service to the irl, is called either Digitirl (digital+irl) or Digitana (digital+analog) - any votes one way or the other? The final goal is to create technologies that serve irl intentional communities. Each community would look different, but they would be running the same suite of apps that keep them connected. A points framework would track creative and physical effort, allowing a person to build a reputation and carry that with them to whatever Holistia community they are welcomed to. Eureka, again, is the first app in that suite.

Banging my wife instead of masturbating to internet women. Disagreeing with people I respect. Research chemicals. Farming. Smelling my body. Making fun of academic institutions that I once longed to join.

• What makes you happy?

The best thing for me is to be with the people who want the best for me.

Finally:

GemeinschaftsgefĆ¼hl

I have a fuckload of ideas, and nowhere really to put them into action. Iā€™ve been building this Holistia framework as a home for these hypomanic effusions. A stoa, if you will. But I really like what is going on here and would rather not build anything myself. My skills are thinking waaaaay outside the box, firstly. I am always on time. I rarely drop the ball on conversation threads. I am learning javascript. I also have this superpower where I can make money appear anytime I need it. Neat, right?

Optional:

adam@unbeing.com

New England

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been lurking and following metagame with interest for some time, but its taken me a while to find time and actually complete the first quest.

The vision and values surrounding the metagame really resonates with me and seems highly aligned with other projects/communities I participate in.

It also feels in line with the larger vision for web3 to empower individuals and communities to create new and improve existing social systems and the framing of the community/project as a real-life mmo seems like a lot of fun.

Currently working on infrastructure for DAOs at Aragon One and 1Hive. I also participate in and try and contribute to The Commons Stack and Brightid when possible.

1Hive is working on integrating 3box profiles into 1Hive and Iā€™m excited to try and coordinate that effort with the effort to create metagame profiles so there can be shared data layer for user/player profiles.

I like cooking, gardening, and playing board games when I have free time. I tend to spend a lot of my time trying make sense of the world (never really succeeding) but learning a lot along the way.

• What makes you happy?

Solving hard problems, learning new things, day dreaming.

I want to learn from the metagame community, meet interesting people with similar interests, and maybe be able to tell an interesting story one day about the /seed/ stages of a new social institution.

Happy to provide my insight, experience, and connections where they would be useful. I tend to be a bit of a generalist, with basic technical skills, some writing experience, and a background in product management. Bandwidth wise I donā€™t have a ton right now, but much of my attention is on projects that are very aligned and there may be overlap like the meta profiles work thats currently happening so will look for opportunities to contribute and cross-pollinate.

Discord, Twitter, or Keybase (@lkngtn)

2 Likes
  1. Iā€™m here because a friend told me about metagame. Iā€™m still here because I love to learn and explore. Iā€™ve been interested in collective organization and distributed cognition for several years, and while Iā€™ve run many experiments, I havenā€™t found the answers Iā€™m looking for. There must be a better way to organize ourselves where resources are not overused, poorly allocated, and only measured with money. I have a hunch that games might be an important element.

2. Iā€™m currently working on a project called Urbit, which is trying to build a peer to peer network and operating system (like the internet) We have three design goals. First is simplicity. The Urbit virtual machine, operating system, and network specification are a little over 50k lines of code. The same thing in Linux takes millions of lines of code. Second Urbit is yours. You own your Urbit cryptographically and your identity is yours, not a few database entries on a corporate server. Finally, Urbit is durable. We have designed Urbit to last a long time. We dream of passing our Urbits to our descendants in the same as any cherished family heirloom.

3. I generally like playing around with computers and software. Iā€™m not a professional developer but I can create my own tools, and I donā€™t specialize in any one thing. I love listening to podcasts and books, and itā€™s not uncommon for me to listen to a few hours of audio content a day (pro tip listen at 1.25x speed :slight_smile: I also enjoy being outside in the woods.

4. I really enjoy a good conversation where everyone involved is trying to come to coherence.

5. I want MetaGame to be fun, and teach me something about collective organization that I can use in other groups.

6. I can offer some of my time and I can also make introductions to the people I know when appropriate.

7. You can find me on twitter at @kennyrowe or on Urbit at ~sicdev-pilnup (Iā€™m also on discord, telegram, signal, email, etcā€¦)

8. I live in Cascadia

3 Likes

I have a lot of the same goals. I want to see the world turned on its head via DAO participation. I want to help build the tools, one component at a time.

I am working on launching a DAO for development of dao/dapp/web3 projects. I have a roadmap of interlinked apps for creating a thriving DAO economy. First task is a goods / services market (various NFTs collectable and redeemable). I want to have at least a prototype before I open the dapp-dev-DAO up for membership.

On the side, I own a pedicab business and have been working on a non-web3 service market for booking tours.

I also helped design Martmatch, a trading platform for products, which is soon to be launched. Like a marketplace for products, with a price history and bids and offers.

Talking with like-minded people and brainstorming ways to improve the world around me, through web3 tech. Talking out ideas always tends to refine them, in my experience.

Learning new things. This year Iā€™ve started learning Blender3d, Racket lang. Studying how DeFi platforms work.

Entertaining. I own a pedicab and entertain people for a living when Iā€™m not avoiding a pandemic.

What makes you happy?

Chatting about decentralized solutions and coming up with better ideas together.
Building cool stuff in JS and Clojure. Learning new libraries and technologies.
Learning about all the new DeFi stuff has been fascinating.
Making art, playing music. Creating media.

Riding my bike backwards.

First off, I want to add legos to my bucket. I want to contribute self-contained web3 components that benefit the meta goals.

I want an open source project I can contribute to.

I want the chance to flex some of my skills I am not using for a living, and maybe level those up a little.

I want to feel welcome to ask for help or feedback.

A few skills I can offerā€¦

I am a front-end javascript developer with some web3 experience, and Iā€™m developing a familiarity with Typescript, GraphQL and IPFS. I want to explore ways of using 3Box for different content types.

Iā€™m able to create content. I can make videos with Blender3D. I could make themes/motifs for videos. I make synth music with a bit of a retro aesthetic.

on discord: mxjxn#9484
or email me: max at inverse.space

Boston MA, USA

3 Likes

Not sure where I came across Metagame first time but it has been in my look-into list for quite some time. I finally have got some time to read and went through the wiki. I think itā€™s an idea worth exploring and and investing time!

I am currently working as a developer in a non-web3 related startup that focuses on video tech. Canā€™t really say that Iā€™ve worked on something that I have been proud to work on, hoping to change that soon :slight_smile:

I really like learning new stuff and exploring/thinking on new ideas. Other than that lately Iā€™ve been meditating and reading a lotā€¦

What makes you happy?

long hikes, lying down on the woods thinking about stuff.

Not entirely sure, a mix of learning, exposure to new ideas, experienceā€¦ I am generally curious and welcome anything that it will bring

I am a fairly experienced frontend developer entering into web3. Confident on my ability to handle anything you throw at me on front-end. other than that Iā€™ll help with anything I can depending on the skill set I develop in the future but itā€™s a bit early (in my journey) to say atmā€¦

2 Likes

Hi! My name is Diego, and i hope that i am here to stay :slight_smile:

Help build society altruistically
    I currently work with cryptocurrencies and financial services and I am proud to be able to move towards devops after many years of fullstack
    Programming, gaming, netflix and my dogs :smiley:
  • What makes you happy?
    Do not waste time and that when my work is good, it is recognized.

Finally:

Feel fulfilled helping while doing what I like the most.
    I have more than 12 years of experience in software development in fullstack positions, although I am only interested in the backend. I have many years of experience with Aws, I am training k8s and solidity. I am a volunteer online mentor for Js and Ts. I would like to be able to contribute programming bots for discrod and / or telegram.

Optional:

A private message should be enough, I don't like social networks, they are my time killers.
    Spain
3 Likes

[quote=ā€œpeth, post:1, topic:142ā€]

• What brings you here, what do you most like about MetaGame? The memes and the experimentationā€¦
  • What are you currently working on or are proud to have been working on? DAOhaus and Pool Partyā€¦both are awesome
  • What kind of things do you generally like doing? Buidling shit
  • What makes you happy? Good beer, good food, good people

Finally:

• What do you want from MetaGame? To explore
  • What do you offer in return, what are your skills? To build
2 Likes
    Focused around participation and actual action.
    Hiking
  • What makes you happy?
    Way too philosophical.

Finally:

To practice building on web3 to improve dev skills.
    Wide knowledge base, web3 dev skills.
1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Hameed, I started out as web engineer but then transitioned into product management with focus on understanding tech usability and the interaction between humans and software. My core motivation and goal is to try to design universally understood, meaningful and impactful experience that directly address user pain-points. I want to build products users WANT and LOVE to use.

I found out about it on Twitter through a RT from a friend (Thanks @SimonaPop! :fire:).
    I see that a lot of the ideas discussed here align a lot with my own. While I am a bit skeptical of the methodology, mainly due to my lack of deep understanding off the topics presented, but also on how such goals can be executed and realised. Regardless of this, I am here for the ride and hopefully we can figure things out as we go.

Nothing as cool as whats going on here. I am leading the build of a Seafood traceability tool on Ethereum to stop food fraud and keep track of fishing numbers.

I play music, electric guitar and synth mainly. I enjoy casual video games and since I found myself here I also enjoy jumping into rabbit holes. Oh and I love the outdoors, mainly camping and desert exploring.

• What makes you happy?
    This is going to sound cliche af but spending time with family and friends. I also regularly go out camping in the desert.

Finally:

I want to be part of something greater than myself and be a small part is building something meaningful.

I want to bring down the technical barrier, to find ways we can better utilise the tools we have for real world applications, to understand peoples needs and pain points better and design and develop solutions around that. I may not be able to offer much in terms of actual coding but what I can offer is an understanding of developing software for people. A way to ground the dream and form a foundation for it in reality and guide the creation of software that address important problems.

Optional:

Im on Twitter @beirouty and h.exe@hey.com

Currently I am in Dubai. I am a bit unsettled or not thinking of my location as a permanent location as I am a refugee (literally and not figuratively) so no idea where I will end up next.

3 Likes

I was lured in my the memeā€™s and some interesting writing from peth. I hung around and learned a lot about the current state of web3 from events like Fork the World. I like thinking about economics systems and history and why the world works the way it does. COVID was kind of a big wake up call. To see the planet change itā€™s behavior all at once it was a reminder of human resilience and adaptation, it just takes a shift in mindset to change our behavior. I want to be part of systems and movements that challenge our notion of how we coordinate and build or societies and I appreciate that MetaGame is bold in vision, collaborative and decentralized. I think those are essential ingredients in changing our reality for the better. Also I just really do not want another corporate 9-5, letā€™s get this decentralized job market working yā€™all.

I am excited to work on infrastructure and token engineering for Grassroots Economics. That team is working on important applications of blockchain to alleviate poverty and build robust economies in areas most effected by the lasting effects of colonialism.

I like outdoor activities where I can get into a flow state like surfing, mountain biking and snowboarding. Road trips. Yoga, mediation and radical breathing exercises. Watching dogs play at the park.

• What makes you happy?

The things above. I also get satisfaction from being on collaborative teams that are delivering on their mission.

Finally:

I want to learn how to web3 and be part of a community.

I can do DevOps and a bit of other full-stack work. I aspire to write more at some point.

Optional:

Telegram: @BlairV

Discord: @blairV

I am in San Diego, CA right now.

3 Likes

hi everyone! my name is alicia. iā€™m from a small town in Ohio & i have been looking for something new & interesting to do with my life for some years. MetaGame really caught my attention with its colors and presentation. although i am still trying to understand most of what i just read. lol. i havenā€™t been working on anything specifically but i love writing music & singing, & trying to figure out how to make beats for my music. i sometimes get stuck with a song, so i think it would be really fun to collab with artist who are in the same boat as me. i also love online gaming & streaming. iā€™m still learning the ropes with that as well but want to be able to grow a channel that people could enjoy watching!. i like to entertain i guess you could say. even though iā€™m a little shy. :joy: making other people smile & happy is what makes me happy. i guess what iā€™m looking for from MetaGame is a place where i can share my ideas & get help from people who share the same ideas & vice versa. in return i would offer help where i knew my specific knowledge would apply. i couldnā€™t really tell anyone what my skills are. i donā€™t even really know. :woozy_face: if you wanna get in touch with me to learn more or if you have a question you can add me on discord, trippy_gamer420#0809, and private message me. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

beep boop, i am loop. been in the cryptoverse since summer '17. nice to meetcha

ā€“Iā€™ve been lurking around in the discord for some time now, and Iā€™ve really liked what Iā€™ve read and learned so far. Currently, I am really diving into the web3/DAO space. I am here and ready to further my learning and gain some XP with you all, maybe build some cool stuff as we go.

ā€“I am actually a mechanical engineering student, but am currently finishing my degree part-timeā€¦ Iā€™ve been trading shitcoins for some time nowā€¦ so it only made sense to start developing some :slight_smile:

ā€“Well, trading shitcoins for one :slight_smile: love me some uniswap. But I really enjoy being outside in nature. I like building things, all kinds of things, the more the merrier. Yield Farming, Real Farming, Energy Systems, Roboticsā€¦

• What makes you happy?
    ā€“dopamine, usually

Finally:

ā€“to learn, to earn (XP), to experience, to live
    ā€“I have been learning solidity/rust recently, and Iā€™ve read many a smart contract. I like to think of myself as more of a jack of all trades than a master of one.

Optional:

ā€“discord/here
    ā€“above ground, usually
2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

What kind of dogs do you have?? id also be interested in some JS/TS mentorship, if you have the time :slight_smile:

• What brings you here?
    Looking for chances to build the infrastructure and tools which support large-scale project coordination.

• What do you most like about MetaGame?
    The retro wave aesthetics of course! Other than that, Iā€™m quite happy to see some practical work being done, and not just talk (the latter being way more common).

• What are you currently working on?
    Summaries/reports of group progress/activities, to distribute them across communities and silo boundaries.

• What are you proud to have been working on?
    Several implementations of my own around very typical as well as more exotic information encoding/processing/management approaches. Not that theyā€™re necessarily much exciting or well done, but I regard it as a personal achievement of having figured them out independently.

Making progress on hypertext, hypermedia and hyperdata tooling + infrastructure.

• What makes you happy?
    Is not to be disclosed.

Direction as clear as possible regarding whatā€™s wanted/needed/missing/broken and what isnā€™t, constructive feedback/criticism, to avoid huge unnecessary cost, waste, loss. Then everything gets much easier/safer/faster, beyond I donā€™t want/need much for now.

Sorry, prevented from linking to any of it here.

E-Mail, contact form on my sites, Discourse direct messages, Discord, other channels preferably on the open Web, on/of the open net, where Iā€™m sufficiently alive/around/monitoring/notified.

Germany

3 Likes

Iā€™ve sometimes wandered through life wondering where I belong in the grand scheme of things and pondering how I might make a positive impact during my short time on this earth. I spend a lot of time reading about decentralisation, its benefits and potential use cases, but MetaGame and the community surrounding it is the best example I have seen so far on how to actually put your money where your mouth is and dive headfirst into this new way of organising and incentivising communities.

I am currently a designer (my background is in graphic design and brand identities) but am currently working on small freelance digital design projects as my previous full time role was made redundant as a result of COVID-19. I also recently started a university course focused on blockchain tech which is taking up a lot of my time.

I spend a lot of my time reading and researching ideas. Expanding my mind and challenging myself with new concepts. I love to cook and spend time going on long walks with my wife and dog (Hungarian Vizla). I love all things design whether it be branding, fashion, architecture, products (digital and physical) publications, typographyā€¦ the list goes on. I also could not live without music, hip-hop is my go to but my tastes are pretty eclectic.

• What makes you happy?

A lot of the things mentioned above. But interacting with likeminded people and having long, deep conversations about the way things are and how they could be in the future makes me happy. The present is great, but the future is so very exciting.

To be challenged.

In the past few years Iā€™ve worked more and more on digital projects. Designing websites and apps, improving design systems and helping improve design process and culture within the companies Iā€™ve worked for. In addition to my branding and content creation background I can offer my design skills and knowledge which can hopefully assist in reducing the barrier to entry and increasing adoption long-term.

Optional:

Discord & Status: picklenick.eth
Telegram: nickcamsmith

Melbourne, Australia.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure yet, this seems to be a very interesting community of technically minded (focused on Web3) people but with the goal of building a better world. I want to learn, contribute and meet like minded people.

A platform where entrepreneurs can exchange products/services to grow and reach a global market. It happens to run using ERC1155, but the goal is to make it simple so that users donā€™t have to know about blockchain stuff.

Learning, programming, reading SciFi, designing complex systems, camping and hiking

What makes you happy?

Helping others, spending time with my GF, learning.

To learn more, probably get suggestions (or help) with my project, get to know people in the game

Backend developing, some frontend too, planning

Optional:

@ktl_xv in the Discord

Monterrey, MĆ©xico

4 Likes

Hi all,

Hear about you from @shep and then got sucked into the wiki (well written) and here I am.

Iā€™ve been working in tech for a while, most recently on GOAT and now NTWRK. Both outside of crypto space, but Iā€™ve been wanted to dip my toes into a crypto project for a while now.

Building cool shit, surfing

What makes you happy?
Purpose, autonomy, mastery

I want to see if I can contribute with my experience.

Iā€™m an engineer, and Iā€™ve been doing all kinds of stuff from starting my own startups to running 100+ engineering teams to now working as a CTO and supporting eng/product/data/design teams.

twitter @marmarko

Los Angeles, California

2 Likes