There’s been talks to continue building out the MG circular economy & thinking about the potential low hanging fruit we can implement with moderate ease.Financialising MetaGame is purely to cater to the sustainability of our Tokenomic ecosystem to provide more access to opportunity & allow us to build more for Public Goods & The Commons.
In economics, a public good refers to a commodity or service that is made available to all members of a society.
The commons is the cultural and natural resources accessible to all members of a society, including natural materials such as air, water, and a habitable earth.
With that being said I have a simple idea.
I’ve been fortunate enough to get early access to Babylon Finance’s gardens as a Settler
See Here: https://www.babylon.finance/settlers
You may be asking WTF is Babylon Finance?
Well… they are a protocol specialising in community led asset management. Which seems a perfect fit for both our current treasury & the partnership with RAI if passed.
So whats the opportunity?
Gardens - Investment communities in Babylon. Garden members can deposit capital, suggest Strategies, vote on Strategies, and earn rewards. Gardens may be public or private and they are similar to digital investment clubs or hedge funds.
$BABL - The governance token for the protocol. It’s an ERC-20 token that controls the protocol parameters and treasury. The majority of $BABL is reserved for the community and will be distributed via a participation rewards program.
Garden Token - ERC-20 tokens that represents a member’s % ownership in a Garden. Members receive Garden Tokens in exchange for depositing capital into a Garden. Each Garden Token has its own symbol, set by the Garden Creator.
- We could simply utilise $80k Treasury into our own Garden utilizing this strategy or something of a similar nature
- Auto-Quadratic Funding into chosen initiatives (Carbon Offsetting etc)
On why should we choose Babylon to pool liquidity instead of say $SUSHI?
Well they are early stage like us & supporting them could provide a long lasting relationship inspired by the Japanese concept of Keiretsu.
“A keiretsu is a set of companies with interlocking business relationships and shareholdings. In the legal sense, it is a type of informal business group that are loosely organized alliances within the social world of Japan’s business community.”
I think now’s a good time to utilise our unique set of circumstances and be prepared to utilise DeFi! current $TVL are around $71.5B for a reason & I think we should also be involved.
Babylon Finance’s Backers
Semantic Ventures, Harvest Finance, MapleLeaf Cap, Joseph Young & Fomosaurus
Babylon Finance Team
- Chase Adams - https://www.linkedin.com/in/chaseadam17/
- Ramon Recuero - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramonrecuero/
- Tyler Murray - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tcmurray/
- Raul Riesco - https://www.linkedin.com/in/raul-riesco-granadino
- Igor Yalovoy - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ylv-io/
Partnership with RAI
Beta Access to Babylon Finance Gardens
Voting on using the treasury within the DeFi sector
RAI Vote is passed
Babylon Finance Vote is passed
- Build bridges between 2 other communities: Reflexer Labs & Babylon Finance
- Diversify Treasury Assets
- Provide time to build the rest of the SEED & pSEED economy
- Pass the RAI Partnership Proposal Aug 2nd or Aug 9th
- Invite Babylon Finance as guests to our Server to talk about their project (AMA Aug 3rd Scheduled)
- As a Settler I set up the METAGAME Garden
- Deposit Treasury within the Strategy earn yield & $BABL
SOI (Sources of Interest)
Babylon Finance - https://www.babylon.finance/
Babylon Finance Lite Paper - https://docs.babylon.finance/protocol/litepaper
Babylon Finance Docs - https://docs.babylon.finance/
Babylon Finance Security - https://docs.babylon.finance/protocol/security
Babylon Finance Tokenomics - https://docs.babylon.finance/babl/tokenomics
Babylon Finance Discord - https://discord.gg/ZqUrdYvt5e