Meeting Notes from Champions Ring call

Hello again- using this thread to capture and share notes from the Inner Circle call. If you have any questions, suggestions, or just feedback…feel free to post here or contact a scribe in discord (I have same u/n in discord).

2 Likes

Inner Circle

11/23/2020

Scribe: defileZebra

Attendees: Peth, Penguin, Metadreamer, Mprime, Luxumbra, GeleeRoyale

  • Quick-ish Summary

    • Wiki is done, Manifesto V2 was just finished, and new podcast coming shortly
    • Platform Design session with Andre of Deep Work Studio is coming up and schedule should be finalized soon
    • Everything needed to get samples of hoodies and t-shirts has been provided to manufacturer
    • MetaMansion was created this week
  • Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

    • What did you do last week?
    • What do you have planned for next?
    • What do you need help with?
  • Peth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Was a crazy week with more rioting
      • Wiki is done
      • V2 of manifesto is complete
        • is 50% shorter
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Platform design session with Andre next week.
        • Discussion around scheduling and sounds like will aim for 1245 EST (1845 CET) on 12/4/2020 (STILL TBD) and incorporate this into the community call, but start 15 minutes early
        • Peth will reach out to Andre to finalize details
      • Rewriting MVP
      • More membership cleanup
      • Meta radio podcast is being edited and should be out by Wednesday
      • Will begin to write a quest to get help onboarding new members
    • What do you need help with?
      • Discussion around GeleeRoyale’s seeds not being minted
        • Sounds like there may have been a bot issue that meant that address registration was finalized after files were produced
        • GeleeRoyale is in the file for next minting on 12/3
        • Peth will reach out to inform player
      • Nothing else
  • Metadreamer

    • What did you do last week?
      • Tech support/fixing stuff/ loose ends
      • Deductions from ledger bal
      • Adding more of the initiatives
      • Google analytics with Manu and tweaked it
        • Some discussion here around configuration and ensuring that data is captured beyond just the main page
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • (I must have missed this, sorry!)
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Penguin

    • What did you do last week?
      • MetaMerge
      • Samples for shirts and hoodies
        • Discussion with Drew about print, dark ones can occasionally have issues
        • Eye and shoulder alignment on shirts
        • Samples soon, everything uploaded to manufacturer
      • Made Meta Mansion
        • Will send file for further editing to Peth
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Still working on the Meta Merge and new design templates
      • Working on Achievements
      • Build out more data models for guilds
      • Basic vision of the bots that can be added to discord servers
      • More tech support
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Luxumbra

    • What did you do last week?
      • Did a did a sidequest on the wiki
      • Looked around in acheivementry today
      • Looked at PR from Meta on seeds/ledger
        • Config issue on deploy preview with PR?
          • Will sync up with Metadreamer to chase it down
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Happy to help out wherever this week
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Mprime

    • What did you do last week?
      • Working and finishing up work unrelated to Metagame
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Setting up a tutorial for people on how to set up their own social networks
        • Not building a platform!
        • Small organic social networks
        • Start with tutorials on Matrix server for chat
        • FaceB events but without FaceB
          • All federated
          • Not through any major tech company
        • Best parts of matrix is that is works with many programs
        • Mastadon as a twitter replacement
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • defileZebra

    • What did you do last week?
      • Activated and re-engaged, started as scribe last week
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Planning to attend Friday Community call
    • What do you need help with?
      • Asked for clarification on publishing meeting notes
        • Will use the chainlog channel, although it may get renamed
  • Geleeroyale

    • Joined late and did not go through 3 questions but participated in discussion
  • Async responses from the discord:

    • TheLoneRonin
      • I wasnt there because my sleep was FUBAR yesterday and today. Just a heads up. Trying to reset it today.
      • Either way core goal right now is to finish the docs thing. Moreso with the intent of learning and then to open a new PR for metamaps.
      • There aren’t really much things I need with help currently.
    • ECWireless
      • Past week has been pretty busy: working on client projects, raid guild stuff, as well as releasing a rap musical (conceived before Hamilton was a thing, I swear)
      • It’s a little unlikely that I’ll be able to do MeteGame stuff until Dec 1st, but if there’s any time before then, I’ll try to dig into one of these issues: https://github.com/MetaFam/TheGame/issues/185
      • No pending MetaGame projects atm, so no help needed!
    • Shep
      • been working on lots of physical things around the house
    • Vanmoortel
      • Busy with work this last week and haven’t had much spare time

Discussion:

  • Devcon Bogata 2021
    • 8/10/21 to 8/13/21
    • Who’s going?
    • Flights?
    • Lodging?
  • Seed market was discussed
    • Long term consideration of whale accumulation and designing use cases of seeds
    • Governance
      • SourceCred will do governance on XP rather than grain/seed
      • Desire is to keep things as democratic as possible
      • Maybe a hybrid of min requirements for both XP/seeds to participate in governance decisions?
    • There needs to be a dedicated call to flesh out minting policy to ensure rewards are commensurate with efforts
      • Tweet<>lambo
      • Price grows and contributors grow then no problem
        • But it price grows and contributors do not that might create issues
  • Need to setup Collab-line
  • There were some recent changes in Sourcecred with respect to XP
    • Only changed cred for something like 5% of population
  • Mprime shared some suggestions with respect to minting policy:
    • If there is excess volume of seeds throw it into an account(foundation?) for later use
    • Fractional/proportional dividends?
      • Tweet may be worth a lot if nothing else is happening
      • Same tweet may have much less value in a week with many changes
  • Geleeroyale
    • Requested Metadreamer to update permissions on Metafactory
    • Talked about permissions and bots in Metagame discord
    • Working with Peth on DAOhouse bridge
    • Is working on SourceCred with/for GivEth
      • Having a few challenges and inquired about additional resources
      • Metadreamer suggested hopping on SourceCred call

Inner Circle

11/30/2020

Scribe: defileZebra ( DZ )

Attendees: Peth, Penguin ( PN ), TheLoneRonin ( TLR ), Luxumbra ( LX )

Quick-ish Summary:

  • Discussion around minting of new seeds will be pushed to next week, 12/7
  • Design Sprint is scheduled for Friday, 12/4 @ 1245 EST/1845 CET
  • Look for poll on MetaMerch later this week
  • Fixes completed this week in Application form & Wiki

3 questions:

  • MetaDreamer is busy doing family stuff and may be tough to reach in the coming days
    • Token Minting discussion will be pushed to next week
    • This highlighted the need to work on training backups for key tasks
  • Peth
    • What have you been up to?
      • Talking to people and cleaning up discord
        • Setup design sprint for this Friday, 12/4 at 1245 EST (1845 CET)
    • What are you trying to work on next week?
      • Will publish House of Ethereum
      • Will publish more information about Seeds
      • Will put something out into quest channel about cleaning up membership
      • Posting recent podcast
    • What do you need help with?
      • Cleaning up membership roles
  • PN
    • What have you been up to?
      • Updated Acheivbot to avoid ghost issue
        • Resolved with issue Acheivmentry
        • Hope to address with XP bot
      • Helping with PRs
      • Wants to discuss:
        • Issues with people completing quests bc Carl bot outdated quest info
        • Role management has come up a couple times
      • Circled back with Gnomeski on his board game idea and suggested a few platforms for that
    • What are you trying to work on next week?
      • Meta Merch
        • There is a desire to use trust curve.
        • Earlier members may get cheaper price
    • What do you need help with?
      • Clarification of certain roles, responsibilities and general MetaGame policy
  • LX
    • What have you been up to?
      • Fixed an issue on the application form
      • Fixed a couple broken pages on Wiki with Penguin that Vanilladelphia observed
      • Started work on nav bar and application drawer
      • Worked a bit on Achievementry
    • What are you trying to work on next week?
      • Do more work on Navbar on and help discord new members
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing yet
  • DZ
    • What have you been up to?
      • Catching up in Discord, poking around in Forum and Github
      • What are you trying to work on next week?
        • Listen to podcast once it’s up
        • Attend Friday community call
    • What do you need help with?
      • Some questions/observations:
        • Opportunity to publish Agenda in advance of calls
          • Loose agenda for Monday calls will be:
            • Start roundtable with 3 questions to each participant
              • What did you do this last week?
              • What are you planning to work on next week?
              • What do you need help with?
            • Then go thru nav board on Miro clockwise
              • Here we can discuss topics that weren’t sufficiently covered in roundtable
            • Close with open discussion/questions
          • Community call will be kept open or at player suggestion
            • Intro new players
            • Round table to catch up with existing players
            • Topic of interest for the week
        • Observed some broken/outdated links
          • Is there a way to scrape all documents to pull out links and find 404s?
            • Peth explained that broken link finder is deployed on Wiki
            • Nothing like that for Medium or Substack
            • This may be a good quest
          • Otherwise these can be reported as observed in the discord #Issues-n-ideas
        • Discord doesn’t allow editing of attachments, but this can be resolved with move to Roam
          • Still working through Roam access with Peth.
  • TLR
    • What have you been up to?
      • Working on new consensus protocol and token for Airweave
      • Sent PR and Hamad has reviewed them, but waiting for merge
      • Working on getting acclimated in unity
        • Ensure that he can write http request with unity to integrate NFTs
    • What are you trying to work on next week?
      • Send in more updates to Metamaps
        • Integrate into the backend
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing

Open discussion after individual updates:

  • PN and TLR discussed need for role clarification relative to onboarding new players
    • Mod, Diamond and Platinum can assign roles and kick/ban
      • Peth still making updates on platinum
    • Inactive players
      • Peth is messaging directly in discord and they either get involved, buy some seeds or get removed
  • Props to PN and LX for fixing mobile and onboarding issue discovered on feedback from Heidi. This was fixed the same evening that it was shared!
  • We need to get all the bots into one place
    • Carl is in web interface only
    • We currently have 6 roles related to bots
      • “Master” is a managed server permission for ppl to onboard their bots
      • “Bad bot” is lockout for spammers
        • Now that we have better access maybe this role is no longer needed?
  • Metamerch
    • PN will create a poll on shirt buying
    • International shipping poses substantial challenge for MetaFactory
      • Had some crazy and unexpected customs fees for international shipping in the past
  • Headhunting moves toward green circle, opportunity to cultivate the following areas
    • Project Management
    • Border control
    • Event planning/execution

Champions Ring

12/07/2020

Scribe: defileZebra ( DZ )

Attendees: TheLoneRonin ( TLR) , Nicolaslaw.eth ( N ), Penguin, Peth, Pacobacpac, GeleeRoyale ( GR ), MetaDreamer ( MD ), Luxumbra

  • Quick-ish Summary

    • Live Raid for My Meta is coming soon
    • Working on specifications for Meta Radio and GR needs to catch up with production team
    • We need to focus on onboarding Guild partners
  • Peth asked for feedback on his Strategy channel post

    • https://discordapp.com/channels/629411177947987986/629411717704712192/785262192022913085
    • MD- We definitely need to further develop our strategy. We need to develop a 6-month plan. Main lift of the existing proposal is to solidify guilds by end of year.
      • What is “onboarded” with respect to a Guild, how is that defined?
        • They need a profile, not just a link
        • Do we build a static page in the interim?
      • What is expectation of guilds?
        • They retweet
        • build profile
        • What is in it for them?
          • Shilling their product within metagame
          • Do a meetup with guilds
            • Monthly meetup in mansion?
            • DZ asked whether it was one Guild per week or 3-4 Guilds per week to do everyone in a month?
              • Peth envisions 1 guild per meeting (14 weeks roundtrip)
              • MD- Adding 14 monthly meetups is too much
      • Peth- main risk is whether we can get the guild profiles done by 12/21
      • Penguin
        • Asked about resources that can use to get everyone’s info
          • Push/pull for Guild profile?
        • Will people be able to self-moderate the guilds?
          • This will be based on discord roles

Agenda

Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

  • What have you been working on?

  • What are you going to be doing next?

  • Do you need any help with anything?

  • Peth

    • What have you been working on?
      • Started keeping a log of activities
      • Filtering players to patrons
      • Got podcast theme in place
        • With new episode blog post
      • Wrote quests
      • Changed discord around again
      • Design sprint organized
      • Talked a lot about strategy and goal stuff
      • Updated miro board
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Keep filtering players to patrons
      • Will be working with Guilds
        • Niran and Griff
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Not really, as long as people deliver on commitments
  • MD

    • What have you been working on?
      • Playing with Sourcecred stuff a bit more
        • Think we reached consensus, not sure about scribe role
        • Only create initiative for one-off things like Deep Work design sprint
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Poll for minting seeds
      • Meta merch samples getting created
      • Guild profiles
        • Setting it up in database
        • Looking for figma info from Peth
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • No
  • TLR

    • What have you been working on?
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Documentation
        • One more thing needed, table permissions on backend
          • Will ping MD once completed (expected today 12/7)
        • Will update readme
        • After that, will expand on frontend
          • Integrating with URQL/polo graph ql
          • This supports queries from frontend
      • Hover over assigned object will show player card with 3box integration
        • Will send a video presentation of all the new features
      • After that will do a deep dive into ECO
        • Having NFT integrated
        • Exchange seed for ECO resources?
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Feedback on documentation effectiveness!
  • Penguin

    • What have you been working on?
      • Got samples of Meta Merch gear last night and took photos
        • Dark Colors were picked because light colors like green don’t pop like expected
        • MD asked what product code was shirt that didn’t pop?
          • Possibly #11
        • Tradeoff between natural feeling fabric and printability is a thing
          • Penguin really likes the hoodie and it feels good
        • Alignment of tentacles from front to back is good
      • Redid Octopus mask that he had
        • Up to 300 Dpi
        • Now in Meta merch channel
      • Analysis for how things might need to be changed from samples
        • Feedback
      • Reviewed Misanth’s gaiters and bags
        • Figure out which items to push forward on and focus on
      • Reviewed Bot roles last week
      • Seed weighting
      • Design sprint was good
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Replace Carl with new player links and guild profiles
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Where is Carl bot logic located?
        • VanillaDelphia could probably help
  • Paco

    • What have you been working on?
      • Not much on metagame
      • Staked some Tokens on Panvala
      • Design workshop was fun, it was the first time doing something like that
      • Working on submission for Game jam
        • Saving Christmas is the theme
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Integrating Paraswap
        • Cash out seeds directly
      • Asked about project management tools and this kicked off a good discussion:
        • Do we have something like Trello?
        • GR nearly jumped out of his seat recommending immediate action to open a repo on GitHub for planning.
          • Peth is concerned that it would duplicate information
          • MD- remembered non-technical folks having issues with GitHub pm stuff in the past
          • What about Zenhub?
            • MD mentioned that to fully leverage zenhub requires installing chrome extension
            • Adds Kanban like tracking for GitHub and is free
          • MD - if we go down that path we need a dedicated person managing GitHub project management repo
        • Reviewed Doughnut diagram
          • GR Suggested to be on the board itself
      • Paco will work on MVP for seed market
        • Do we need a dedicated place to manage seed market project?
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Would love to discuss seed market with anyone interested
  • GR

    • What have you been working on?
      • Wrote a concept for MetaRadio but has many questions. https://discordapp.com/channels/629411177947987986/760181556765130752/785583499352080424
        • This will standardize the format, intro music, background music
          • Will help make sound and look consistent
        • Peth’s audio level seemed low in prior episode
          • May need to upgrade existing mic
          • Previous episode was recorded on discord and quality was not bumped
        • Should have a pool of topics available for discussion
          • Timely stuff like i.e. Devcon, EthDenver
          • Also need to brainstorm a list of topics to fill slots
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Release calendar for podcasts
      • Look at delivery and consumption of podcast
      • Create wireframes and mock ups
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Questions for Peth and production team on MetaRadio and those doing recording and editing
  • N

    • What have you been working on?
      • Bots
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Updating bots
        • May update to typescript next but needs to discuss with MD
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Not sure if worth migrating bot then upgrading it.
        • MD - Yes this makes sense to create a new guild bot as a stand alone
      • XP bot may not be synced?
        • Working with MD to merge 2 bots and update permissions
      • Help splitting tasks for https://github.com/MetaFam/TheGame/issues/184
        • Not sure about commando bot, but needs to circle back with MD
  • Luxumbra

    • Was having audio or connection issues and wasn’t able to share updates
  • DZ

    • What have you been working on?
      • Being present and capturing meetings
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Same
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Error Corrections to notes, please let me know if you see something wrong

Discussion:

  • Need separate discussion for My Meta
  • MD asked about the Red hats on Metamaps
    • These are a red siren and are to indicate important items
  • Peth mentioned to TLR - Alec is interested in helping with documentation.
  • Metamerch storefront, does Metagame build its own?
    • We will use metafactory storefront
  • Giveth just got 501c3 status- Congrats!
    • Using Notion and GR likes it
  • Still need to still circle back on Seed minting
  • live raid for MyMeta?
    • Maybe Wednesday around 1p EST?
  • MD and N needed to leave and meeting was ended

Champions Ring

12/14/2020

Scribe: defileZebra ( DZ )

Attendees: pacobacpac, Peth, GeleeRoyale ( GR ), penguin, Luxumbra, TheLoneRonin ( TLR) , dan13ram, mprime

Quick-ish Summary

  • Lots of work focused on the mega issue and getting ready for 12/21 first season
  • Seed Market development is moving along

Agenda:

Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

  • What have you been working on?

  • What are you going to be doing next?

  • Do you need any help with anything?

  • Nicolaslaw.eth couldn’t make it, but posted prior to the meeting:

    • What have you been working on?
      • Working on my full-time job and adopted a Husky
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Continuing to learn Typescript
      • More work on the #:popcorn:-valuefeed bot
      • Will be moving and may have limited availability between ~12/21 and ~1/4
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Being cloned
  • Peth

    • May have been exposed to the ‘vid so is quarantining
    • What have you been working on?
      • Working on Guild relations
        • 2 more open guilds and 4 candidates
      • Supporting Luxumbra filtering players
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Finalizing newsletter
      • Writing announcement post
      • Converting more players into patrons
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Making more patrons, currently this requires >5 seed
      • Podcast write up
        • Will send DZ podcast for writeup
  • TLR

    • What have you been working on?
      • Put in PR for Meta Maps
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Need to confirm with Hamad on authentication with 3box
      • Will plan to include ticker for seed price
      • Front end guide
      • app drawer
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Will collaborate with heterotic on app drawer
  • Penguin

    • What have you been working on?
      • Looked at some of the roles and made notes on where we have overlap
      • Samples arrived for meta merch
      • Got into Carl this week
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Will address overlapping roles this week
        • Villager/villager NPC role
      • Making updates on meta merch samples
        • Brighter colors
      • Working on chiev bot
      • Move photoshop tennis forward
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Help with Bot stuff
  • Paco

    • What have you been working on?
      • Updated guide for newcomers
      • Thinking about seed market and quest system
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Helping to support 21st platform goal and the mega issue work
      • Offered to help Penguin with Roles
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • No?
  • mprime

    • Having a slow day at work and jumped on today
    • working at Netflix until EOY and then free
  • Luxumbra

    • What have you been working on?
      • Recovering from being hacked
      • Admin work on members list reviving idle players or making patrons
      • Onboarding new players
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Continue to lurk on discord and help onboarding
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Looking for help on some client work that he is stuck on
      • Wants to catch up with Paco and Peth on seed market
  • GR

    • Still has a terrible connection and cannot be understood on voice channel
    • What have you been working on?
      • we had a meeting half an hour before this meeting and will do it again in one week about Meta Radio
        • working on standardizing media creation for metagame
        • so far created production calendar and connected to current stakeholders (some are still missing)
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • get more into actual content so I can create template for Meta Radio
    • Do you need any help with anything?
  • DZ

    • What have you been working on?
      • Was having issues with Firefox, but was able to access Roam Research via Brave
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Listening to Podcast and providing a quick writeup
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Not at this time
  • Dan

    • What have you been working on?
      • Submitted a few PRs for Coloring and NFT gallery
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Continue working on mega issue
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Nothing

Discussion:

  • Project management tool discussion
    • Paco recently started working with Notion and likes it for knowledge management and organization
      • Notion has a ~$100 plan that will probably work for MetaGame
    • With no objections, it sounds like we may pursue using Notion but will also keep Roam Research for brainstorming, writing, and linking
  • Ended Champions ring for a breakout session on seed market with Penguin, Luxumbra, Paco, and Peth

Champions Ring 12/21/2020

Scribe: defileZebra ( DZ )

Attendees: pacobacpac, penguin, TheLoneRonin ( TLR) , Misanth, heterotic, Vanilladelphia ( V ), Luxumbra, dan13ram, Peth, geleeroyale (GR)

Quick-ish Summary

  • Launch party today!
  • Will be having Meta Radio raid on Wednesday 12/23 @ 1pm EST / 5pm UTC / 7pm CET
  • Community gathering on 12/25 is also still on, please join your Metafam if you able this Friday.

Agenda:

Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

  • What have you been working on?

  • What are you going to be doing next?

  • Do you need any help with anything?

  • Nicolaslaw.eth couldn’t make it, but posted prior to the meeting:

    • What have you been working on?
      • Lately nothing regarding the bot unfortunately, I’m planning on rushing it this week and the next tho
      • Walking. A LOT. Since the puppy is asking for it, but hey, I’m now walking more than 50km a week
      • School stuff, boring
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • same as last week, create a whole new bot in typescript
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • currently not
  • MetaDreamer has a conflict today and will not be able to attend but shared:

    • What have you been working on?
      • reviewing PRs, sourcecred stuff, guild pages, and various other my meta fixes
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • probably taking things more chill since it’s holidays and all
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • null
  • Peth

    • What have you been working on?
      • Talk this morning went well
      • Launch stuff
        • Working on article just before deadline!
      • Working with guilds
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • No clue
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Just stuff in the quest channel
  • Penguin

    • What have you been working on?
      • Updates on Meta Merch
        • Ordered new samples of Masks and Shirt
        • Need decision on which hoodie
        • Call out for any merch that we want samples of, send it to penguin ASAP
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Discord bots
        • Adding stuff from Achievemintry
        • Bot for Seed price
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Will reach out to Misanth on help with memes for the merch
  • Misanth

    • What have you been working on?
      • Creating videos
      • Creating gifs
      • Making stickers
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Writing papers on wellbeing in support of meta quest from the design workshop
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Feedback on meta quest once its available
  • Luxumbra

    • What have you been working on?
      • Spent time on inactive members, reached out to 30-40 ppl
        • Would love to see a better way to manage members and users. Discord makes it kind of tough
      • Added post in the wiki about the experience of being hacked
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Further admin of member list
      • Loitering and being metagame-y
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Not at this time
  • Heterotic

    • What have you been working on?
      • Gamification of a newsletter video process
        • Model that produces memes from newsletter
        • Peth suggested that we automate the process
      • Built a functional group that can execute the news update from the chainlog
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Experimenting with XP and reviewing the data produced
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Sleep
  • Vanilladelphia

    • What have you been working on?
      • Discord stuff
        • New roles available
        • Webhook for meta fam twitter
      • Onboarding players and patrons
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Tunes for Meta Mansion party
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • If you see anyone that is having issues with membership typeform please reach out to V
  • TLR

    • What have you been working on?
      • Merged app drawer into master and looks good.
        • Still want to do some changes as discussed in platform channel
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Refactor Meta Maps before its merged
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Paco and Hamad offering feedback has been helpful and appreciated
  • Paco

    • What have you been working on?
      • Reviewed PRs this week
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Not working a lot this next week because of moving and holidays
      • Planning to start working on quest page backend after the holidays
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • No
  • Dan

    • What have you been working on?
      • Reviewed some PRs
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Working on closing more issues
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Having issue with Hasura console that they are working through, but beyond that no.
  • GR

    • What have you been working on?
      • Working on Meta Radio and feels pretty good about the progress
        • Discussing with Heterotic on content generation and gamification
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Meta Radio raid on Wednesday 12/23 1p EST
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Come to Meta Radio raid this Wednesday on discord in the Dungeon channel
  • DZ

    • What have you been working on?
      • Meeting notes
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Planning to attend Community gathering this Friday, 12/25
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Negative

Champions Ring

12/28/2020

Scribe: defileZebra

Attendees: Mprime, Misanth, Peth, Penguin, TheLoneRonin ( TLR ), MetaDreamer ( MD ), heterotic

  • Quick-ish Summary

    • Join us for an end of 2020 celebration, see more details here: https://discord.com/channels/629411177947987986/782065879923294248/793184307166445639
    • Misanth created a couple new infographics and look for an upcoming forum post or head into the #xp-fairies-guild discord channel to see more
    • TLR and Heterotic have just begun their discussion on MetaMaps and mapping NFTs, fasten your seat belts and make sure your helmet is secure.
  • Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

    • What did you do last week?
    • What do you have planned for next?
    • What do you need help with?
  • Peth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Wrote and published the Launch Announcement post
      • Furniture buying for new apartment
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Not sure, first step is looking through backlog and reprioritizing
    • What do you need help with?
      • No idea
  • MD

    • What did you do last week?
      • https://xp.metagame.wtf should now take you directly to XP page
      • Worked on launch stuff
      • SourceCred
        • Converging accounts
      • Timezone PR was merged
      • Setup MetaGame’s drive to host/Archive large video files
        • MD is hosting it and is using xCloud
        • It has an app
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Another round of initiatives
      • Platform
        • Next thing is guild stuff
        • Working on discord bots
      • Grant permissions
        • atheartengineer
        • Heterotic
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Penguin

    • What did you do last week?
      • Worked on Achievmintry
      • Helping with MetaMerch
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Working on Achievmintry bots
      • Upgrade for discord bots
      • Looking at XP fairies guild
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • TLR

    • What did you do last week?
      • Helping out Luxumbra
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • App drawer changes
      • More work on merging Metamaps
        • Make some baseline maps
      • Wants a way to plug NFTs into Metamaps
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • mprime

    • What did you do last week?
      • Done with work/family/holidays and ready to get back to it.
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Put together 2020 EOY celebration
        • Will be open for 24 hours and idea is to celebrate in all timezones
        • Do we as Metagame want to participate in “Seeds” bonfire celebration
          • Seeds is a charity group with similar concepts to Metagame
            • Environmental clean-up, education, housing
            • Funding local community farmers
          • Hook up our own room to stream into their larger gathering?
    • What do you need help with?
      • Yes, help with events and stuff for EOY celebration
  • Misanth

    • What did you do last week?
      • A few memes for the newsletter
      • Made Infographics to explain mechanics!
        • Two at the moment are both posted in #xp-fairies-guild discord
      • Enjoyed community call
      • Finished summary of the players well-being quest
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Posting well-being quest
      • Tweaking podcast clips
    • What do you need help with?
      • Feedback on the well-being quest, please
  • DZ

    • What did you do last week?
      • Enjoyed the community call week
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Friday community call
      • Reaching out to Jason Yin about request for pdf
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Heterotic

    • What did you do last week?
      • Started fast memes game to build newsletter/video
      • Met with narrator to work on some logistics
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Meeting with narrator today at 4pm PST
        • Will use this audio as prompts from next round of meme game
        • Working towards 5-10 minute commercial for podcast
      • Working on bringing on new players
      • Hopes to work on getting dev environment up
      • Still needs to complete year end close accounting work
    • What do you need help with?
      • ?
  • Discussion

    • Seed minting may be in the next could weeks, should circle back on initiatives in next week’s Champions Circle call
      • MD- The meta-question here is do we need more concrete rules on when something becomes an initiative?
        • Previously has been used ad-hoc for situations where XP was not properly accounted for.
        • What is the definition of “ what is not accounted for properly ?”
      • MD finalized XP weighting changes, so those are now live
      • Some discussion around weighting of PRs may mean reviewing and categorizing all old PRs
    • Minting NFTs
      • Peth will setup a discussion about NFTs for some time in January
    • Metamaps
      • TLR wants to port in existing NFTs to metamaps
      • Heterotic wants to scan all of Ocean NFTs and create a dynamic map
        • Magic is in the parser!
          • TLR requested heterotic create a github issue around creating a map of Ocean
      • Smaller scale first step, Map XP flows within Metagame before we expand to mapping Ocean NFTs

Champions Ring 01/04/2121

Scribe: defileZebra

Attendees: misanth, peth, heterotic, TheLoneRonin ( TLR ), Penguin, MetaDreamer ( MD ), Luxumbra, Mprime

Quick-ish Summary

Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

  • What did you do last week?

  • What do you have planned for next?

  • What do you need help with?

  • Nicolaslaw.eth (via discord)

    • What did you do last week?
      • I’ve began developing the new Discord bot using Commando.js from Discord and experienced the slash-commands (https://discord.com/developers/docs/interactions/slash-commands), nothing integrated to the monorepo project though
      • I’ve worked on an issue for the #:sparkles:-xp-gains bot, the fix will be released tonight as a pull request on GitHub and allows users to have multiple discord accounts as identities
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • I’m moving out on Thursday, so I’ll be busy a little week more, hopefully everything will settle down this week-end after unpacking everything :slight_smile:
    • What do you need help with?
      • Bring me some trucks and big arm guys to move everything
  • Heterotic

    • What did you do last week?
      • Getting ready to pass off video for post-production
      • Interaction w/Sparrow and Misanth in #xp-fairies-guild
      • Looked at BZZ, Ocean protocol, and Opensea
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Year end close still in progress
      • Plan to be able to invest 2 days per week AFTER 1/15/21
      • Enthusiastic about working on parser for Meta maps
    • What do you need help with?
      • Focus
  • Luxumbra

    • What did you do last week?
      • Executioner- admin/housekeeping of player list
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • More Executioner and wants to spend more time working on development next month
    • What do you need help with?
      • No, but would like to be of help
  • MetaDreamer

    • What did you do last week?
      • Wrapped up some Meta Merch stuff
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Set up exclusivity on some Meta Merch
      • Meeting at immediately after this with Gitcoin to potentially integrate MyMeta Profiles
        • Also looking to increase collaboration together
        • Flow Gitcoin some XP?
          • Someday there may be a potential for token exchange similar to what we have Source Cred today
      • VentureDao wants to use MyMeta profiles
        • Apply to work on projects
    • What do you need help with?
      • What is the process for expanding beyond 15 guilds?
        • Peth: Lets circle back on this
  • Misanth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Published proposal on player well being in forum and has some feedback
        • 10-15 questions player fills out
        • Use color wheel to allow player to see opportunity for self-improvement
          • Heterotic asked-Can we map these dimensions from color wheel back onto
      • Meme Game
        • Penguin proposed Meme-ified Merch
      • Had some trouble setting up profile
        • There is an opportunity to make this easier
        • SSL certificate issue, ultimately unable to use Brave but worked with Chrome.
        • Make a guide or sit tight until next refactor or 3box update?
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Maybe I missed this?
    • What do you need help with?
      • ?
  • Mprime

    • What did you do last week?
      • Finished job and now free!
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Trying to figure out what to do in Metagame
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Penguin

  • TLR

    • What did you do last week?
      • Discussion with YKW (Victor) in github about app drawer
      • Created a list of app drawer changes desired
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Review App drawer changes with Hamad or Paco
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Peth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Figured out what to do with Color wheel and got a brother to start making icons
      • Wrote newsletter
      • Started migrating from ROAM to Notion
        • MD - max 3-4 ppl as the notion masters instead of having everyone involved
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Finish migration to Notion and continue trying to get more developers.
      • Will write out what we need and open some issues
      • Maybe open a post on Gitcoin to get more developers
    • What do you need help with?
      • Player contacted Peth and asked about whether they will get seeds next mint?
        • MD activated a >20 players last week
        • We only activate those that give ETH address.
      • Next minting is coming due
        • More active players as of recent, there is a forum post on this

Discussion

  • Things that we need to circle back on
    • App drawer changes
    • Tutorial documentation
  • Color wheel/Well-being quest
    • MD - on the 1729 call and realized the purpose of life is to harmonize all 5 colors
      • Will another player be a guide or can this be automated?
    • Misanth- Propose tasks after analyzing the player response. Those tasks should guide player to fulfillment.
      • Journal/quest book
    • Peth working on publishing a new role “Navigator”
  • OG contributors
    • Players from prior to set-eth being available
    • Luxumbra will make a list and confer with MD

01/11/2021 Champions Ring Meeting Notes
Scribe: defileZebra

Attendees:

DefileZebra ( DZ ), Misanth, Peth, mprime, METADREAMER, penguin, TheLoneRonin ( TLR ), heterotic, luxumbra

Quick-ish Summary:

  • Seeds were minted, make sure to plant some before you feast.
  • This week’s community gathering will be with 1Hive, don’t miss it.
  • Summoning our project managers, your skills are needed immediately!

Agenda:

  • Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

    • What did you do last week?
    • What do you have planned for next?
    • What do you need help with?
  • Nicolaslaw.eth via discord

    • What did you do last week?
      • Fixed the XP Bot deployment and finally added a credit card to it! Which means I HAVE 1000 HOURS OF FREE DYNO FOR THIS BOT. FINALLY.
      • There’s nothing new, couldn’t release the pull request for the bot fix, hoping to do it tonight but I’m still not settled in
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • I need to check how to run my standalone bot within TheGame monorepo
      • Answer the forum post where @peth |MG🐙 - needs more builders kindly tagged me!!
    • What do you need help with?
      • Integrate my bot in TheGame monorepo, I’ll ask for it later in this week
  • TheLoneRonin (aka TLR )

    • What did you do last week?
      • Not been able to be very active in the last week
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • We need to go over some things related to My Meta with Metadreamer
    • What do you need help with?
      • Review!
  • Peth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Notion Migration
      • Wrote the newsletter
      • Responding to DMs
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Completing thr Notion migration
      • Publish prior podcast
      • Record podcast with Luke from 1hive tomorrow
      • Moving!
    • What do you need help with?
      • More developers! Will reach out to Raid Guild and 1hive need help with My Meta and Meta OS
        • looking for NextJs and possibly React skills.
        • Metadreamer- noted that we need stronger project management.
  • Penguin

    • What did you do last week?
      • Went on Shitcoin showdown and won against Yam!
      • Hoodie dark colors printed well on the poly
        • Didn’t get much feedback on recent round of samples
      • Shopping domains
        • Meta.clothing is ours if we want to use it, penguin will otherwise squat on it if we decide not to use it.
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Tbd- maybe figuring out more merch stuff
    • What do you need help with?
      • We need to figure out Chiev nominations
  • mprime

    • What did you do last week?
      • Setting up communication channels for Seeds. They want to roll their own for voice and chat. Likely going with Matrix.
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Thinking about a few proposals to increase social cohesion and allow us to get to know each other better/faster.
        • Proposal 1 during community call take turns on sharing a topic that caught your attention last week
        • Proposal 2 a room and maybe a weekly call to mix it up and just get to know other players
    • What do you need help with?
      • Feedback on the details (soon to come) on the proposals mentioned above
  • Misanth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Had a call with Sparrow on well-being initiatives. Posted notes on the forum about it.
      • Memes! The dampening
      • Registered on github to share updates on wiki
        • Octo emoji on discord is worth 3x, not 10x as found stated on the wiki
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Questionnaire will be the main focus
    • What do you need help with?
      • Feedback on the mental health quest
  • Metadreamer

    • What did you do last week?
      • Working on building token permission shwag shop
        • Do everything this way or just put things directly in the metafactory shop
      • Fixes and improvements to source cred
      • Minting
        • Aragon was going to be ~$3200 at 90 gwei
        • With dispurse was 1/3 of the cost but not sure exact $ cost because Eth price dumped
      • Figured out why metagame.wtf was pointing to old homepage. Should be fixed now. Failed in test on the call, but speculation that may be cached DNS, should be fully resolved in the next day or so.
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Hosting?
        • Today its tough to make updates backend and frontend at the same time. Right now hostintg cost is about $50/ per month. Could upgrade to around $150 per month and get better support in updating. Keep your eyes out, there may be a vote on this.
      • Will refund gas costs from minting
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Luxumbra

    • What did you do last week?
      • Innkeeping and necromancy. Still very short on patrons.
      • Client work this week, so a bit quiet on Metagame side.
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Client work
      • Meeting with a scrum master that worked with at a prior corperate job.
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Heterotic

    • What did you do last week?
      • Wrote a whole bunch of stuff in Game-balance, please take a look
      • Use human interaction to build a map of game space and model interactions between individuals
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Cannot find /p drive or connect to the internet on linux machine
    • What do you need help with?
      • Feedback on proposed a schema for raid map to load into Graphql
        • We need a raid table to be able to project manage
        • Proposed function for plotting IPCR
  • DZ

    • What did you do last week?
      • Working on finding new scribe and we have 2 players that have expressed interest
      • Working on filling out Scribe role info in Notion
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Catch up with upcoming scribes.
    • What do you need help with?

Discussion:

  • This week’s community gathering will be with 1Hive, don’t miss it.
  • AppDrawer
    • MetaDreamer: On mobile flashes app drawer on load/reload
    • Someone shared: (I missed who) shared that dragging with app drawer open still drags the page behind it
    • I’m still unclear whether MetaDreamer will create an issue or this is on TLR’ s radar to resolve
  • Move My Meta Call on Weds to an hour later due to a conflict
  • TLR
    • Wants to review several things relative to app drawer
    • Confirm changes desired metagame.wtf and then home, update buttons
  • Project Management discussion
    • We need some PM capable support.
    • Do we need a project lead, project champion, project manager, or all of the above?
    • What are the top 3 projects needing attention today, according to Peth:
      • My meta
      • Meta OS
        • MetaRadio
        • Questing system
      • Meta Maps
    • Mprime asked: Have we considered issuing bounty?
      • Gives someone the opportunity to better understand what their effort would be worth
1 Like

01/18/2021 Champions Ring Meeting Notes

Attendees:

DefileZebra ( DZ ), penguin, misanth, heterotic, Peth, MetaDreamer ( MD ), Pacobacpac, Polycarp, luxumbra

Quick-ish Summary:

  • Notion migration and mapping active and passive raids is nearly complete
  • Paco has a new issue in Github to work on creating platform for user generated Quests, see it here: https://github.com/MetaFam/TheGame/issues/290
  • We currently have too many players and are still looking for more patrons but our InnKeepers are working on it.

Agenda:

  • Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

    • What did you do last week?
    • What do you have planned for next?
    • What do you need help with?
  • TheLoneRonin (aka TLR ) via discord

    • What did you do last week?
      • I have to hand in the new MyMeta PR. I’ve done testing mostly on Firefox and Chrome. The background image for the drawer has been removed with a gradient. Will send PR with screenshots of FF <-> Chrome versions. I need to make some changes (in order to make sure the code will be approved for merge). Should’ve done that Saturday… Sorry for the delays XD.
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Later tonight, going to discuss all the changes we need for MetaMaps with dysbulic. @METADREAMER :octopus:, did discuss a fair bit of QA stuff we need in the builder’s guild.
    • What do you need help with?
      • Once the new My Meta PR is approved and everything works appropriately on all browsers. Will shift focus back to MetaMaps only and making sure that can actually be part of MetaGame.
  • Nicolaslaw.eth via discord

    • What did you do last week?
      • Made the PR for the XP Bot, got reviewed by @YoungKidWarrior and merged on metafam/bot@master
      • No news on the new TypeScript XP Bot, couldn’t advance this week
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Same as last week: I need to check how to run my standalone bot within TheGame monorepo
      • Same as last week: Answer the forum post where @peth |MG🐙 - needs more builders kindly tagged me!! I’m so not into forums though
      • I need to review the proposed mechanisms for the #:popcorn:-valuefeed from @blake :slight_smile:
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing for now
  • Heterotic via discord

    • What did you do last week?
      • attended DAO Rush Week, joined 7 new DAO discords, invited about 700 people from fb, helped get a new discord started for some friends interested in starting a DAO, dispersed my seeds to other players who had helped with the newsletter, sold enough seed to cover gas and set up an OpenSea.io proxy for the free NFT Collections feature, continuing to learn the various protocols of the blockchain space, and FINALLY got the game repo to load on a local machine
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • going to work with the vid-lords to try and work out a production process so that we don’t have vids waiting to go up for several days after post production, starting a deep dive of the issues on github now that I can actually test solutions, since there has been no input on the Raid Schema, I will probably implement that
      • Drafting issue(s) in Github to advance some of the topics from #game-balance and proposal for Meta Maps
    • What do you need help with?
      • help would be nice in the form of any feedback on the proposals in #:world_map:-metamaps and #game-balance
  • Peth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Wrote newsletter at 2a yesterday and published but getting message that post is invalid. Will take care of it
      • Finished Notion migration
      • Onboarded Misanth and Nemo on Notion and Project management
      • Held first Guilders ring and will work together on skill trees.
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Catch up on direct messages and will take next steps accordingly
    • What do you need help with?
      • More Patrons!
      • Misanth designed godfather/godmother NFT images and Peth needs instructions on making them NFTs.
        • Penguin-Current minter is gated by an NFT but will check on getting Peth the required nft credential
  • Polycarp

    • Wants to listen only this week, will share updates next week
  • Paco

    • What did you do last week?
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • More time on Quests
    • What do you need help with?
      • Would like to have a call to discuss Quest spec
  • Misanth

    • What did you do last week?
      • Filling out Notion
      • Mapping passive and active raids
        • Almost finished, still has a few questions about who is championing My Meta and Meta OS
      • Video and episode art for MetaView postcast
      • 2 more infographics
        • Currently on figma, but should be pinned somewhere
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Finish completely filling out Notion
      • Focus on well-being quest
    • What do you need help with?
      • Not much except figuring out who is championing.
  • Metadreamer

    • What did you do last week?
      • Front end Tweaks to my Meta
        • Fixed some display and moved seed price position
        • Link to profile to help people not on main page access their profile
      • Setting up discord bot for guilds but still WIP
      • Meta Merch
        • Waiting on samples but rough prototype for seed exclusive sales
      • Uploaded YouTube video of 1hive meetup
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Edit mode on profile instead of restarting the profile creation flow
      • Guild creation workflow
        • Guild player table for bio within guild
        • Mini Q&A on the matter:
          • Paco asked- Will anyone be able to create a guild?
          • MD confirmed- Yes, but need a discord server
          • MD asked Should we require stake or planting (pSeed) to create a guild?
          • Consensus was must plant seed to create a new guild
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Luxumbra

    • What did you do last week?
      • Got discord account back today.
      • Innkeeping update: we are upto 50 patrons and 163 players
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Work on converting more players to patrons but high gas is an obstacle.
      • Meeting with Builders to find new champion for Meta Library
      • Wants to kick out some dev work on Metagame
      • Continue Innkeeping
      • Propose Sparrow to replace Peth as a delegate in Achievementry b/c she is awesome!
    • What do you need help with?
      • Nothing
  • Penguin

    • What did you do last week?
      • Listed Seed on tip.cc
        • Brought tip.cc bot into discord
        • Gave away seed via airdrop
        • Anyone can now reward other players through discord.
      • Meta Merch had progress proposal is requiring 5 seeds for purchases
        • Proposing $10 of profit to buy back seeds
          • Feed network of tokens, we supply them and Metagame will make Robot tokens
        • Contacted Biuxmaster and got their shirts submitted
        • Designs are finalized
      • Worked on Chief for Chievmintry
        • Proposed replace Driggle bot with Cheif
        • A guild tool for discord
      • Started new NFT guild- “The Defiant Pixel Society”
        • About 300ish days old but launched on xDai recently
        • By purchasing NFT you can pay gas for distribution
      • Made Diamond founder this week!
    • What do you have planned for next?
      • Finalizing Metamerch store
    • What do you need help with?
      • Had a question about making restricted emojis.
        • This is something that Heterotic has written about in #Game-Balance channel
      • Can Penguin offer Seed to play a game?
        • Make a text based meta-adventure and offer seed to Metagame Players for completing level x.
        • Peth- No system exists for this yet, but Pacos Quest issue would help with this

Discussion:

1 Like

S1W6 Champions Ring Call

Scribe:
Gnomeski

Contributors:
Peth, Metadreamer (MD),
mprime, Penguin, Misanth, Heterotic, Gelleeroyale (GR)

Quick Summary:

Bugs have been fixed
in MyMeta and wiki. A new Champion is required for Metaradio. Merch
is moving forward and polling is planned for design choices. Tutorial
guide images completed. Metaquest in development. Metamaps possible
uses being explored and developmental process and requirements. XP
system development explored with proposals for development alongside
Sourcecred. Resetting player statuses each season a good idea and
that talked about. Moving to 7,7 player ranking system.

MD - Fixed wiki
editing thing. Now can edit via Github.

Mprime

  • Was rabbit hole fun?

MD

  • Enjoyed it.

Penguin

  • Biuxmasters shirt designs were loaded and MDs Hoodie is getting sewn and be out soon. Chiev bot work been underway this week. Hoping next week shop Merch can go up as people getting antsy about it.

MD

  • Proposing Community poll about which designs to use. Release stuff intentionally based on feedback fewer better targeted items.

Penguin -Biuxmasters
shirt, The hoodie

MD - Buxmaster and
MD designs can both be done.

Penguin - agrees.

Misanth

  • Tutorial guide base done on notion. Text or graphical tutorials for signing up,

MD

  • Nemo call with and talking about players as he looking to do project management role. Comms concerns about approach.
  • yep we working on that. Maybe sync later today or also Wednesday possibly. Could do 8pm CET Weds.

Peth - First hr
onboarding and 2nd one about Organisation

Misanth

  • Been and done like 24 questions for Metaquest looking at which questions to ask.
  • Made table of updated player ranks based on 10:10 version because we moving to 7,7,14; version.

Peth - Hammad check
voting channel.

Heterotic

  • Looking at Metamaps structure process. Proposed a structure for that, looking at different skin ups. Been doing work outside that should further inform this work. Next week really tight. Got art pushed through for Game balance. Metamaps is both component and query constructor. Wysiwig in metamaps, has abilities to pull Prs. Planning to run tests on code on her own machine before trying to merge.
  • Metamaps needs a 3 class Parsing Engine to Load data sources and authentication info, Connect and poll the schema of datasources to be added to a view, and Load those schemas into a Component and/or Query Builder based on the current iteration. The third class renders the schema in the metamaps display and provides tools and a visual language for constructing queries and/or components. We will also need a Rendering Engine which will load query results into a data visualizer and/or publish a component to the App Drawer… The Rendering Engine is possibly based on Ceramic? and I believe we already have solid candidates for a basic version that just loads our native schema for the first 2 classes of the Parsing Engine… we just need to add those and some more tools to the current version of metamaps and the Parser should be mostly good to go…
Re: Art
		for Emojis to test the game balance ideas: use the ones Trolleo?
		Made?

Please set them to 0xp to start...
  • Coders discretion seems to be all the coding consensus there is? which can be messy.

MD

  • Raid and projects specific strategies ie consensuses can be adopted and run through a project as defined or ratified by the champion, at least then some consistency per raid.

GR

  • Not been around a lot I am, not good champ for Metaradio. Still into doing the page as I promised but not champing. Last week we chatted about making good progress at Giveth by releasing a new app for running sprints. Before running mono repo was an issues. Not sure how devs work in MG and there is some need for more consistency. Better cycle of planning sprints with testing them We can start with 1 project to facilitate testing.

MD

  • Same kind of thing as with Nemo coordination. Transient low of people I and out of projects is an issue. Can create more issues than it solves.

GR

  • Crowdsourcing issue should be managed but not hierarchical. Use issue an PR system. Try to have a good flow for people. Recurring meetings for each repo, subject.

Peth - 8pm CET
meeting to discuss governance.

Msanth - How is
MyMeta updated?

MD

  • Sourcred xp updated every 24 hrs. So far there is a lack of comms between discord, eth addresses and sourcecred. This is due to dink step fails causing conflicts

Misanth

  • Had 2 issues he opened in wrong place then deleted whilst having 2 accounts… But got XP for it so it is a bug and now he has some free XP. This is my main focus now.

MD

  • Due to new account IDs in graph initial XP flow is pretty fast just for being involved. Some XP is issued by logging issues on Github. Explainingthe breakdowns of total XP on player nodes and for use in the rest of the system and network.

Mis - What about
ranking system with 77?

MD - yep people do
prefer that 1.

Peth - Was surprised
how much it was preferred.

MD

  • Should each season have a fresh ranking? Reset each season?

Half diamond fam at
the mo are inactive which seems bit shit as they hogging spaces up
there.

Peth - This was one
of the original reasons for the seasons.

MD

  • Sourcecred already working on this kind of thing. There is a new explorer. Be cool to send an NFT to show previous player achievements at end of each season/ before reset.

Peth - Could be
better way to move players in and out. Inactive players being
revealed more.

HET

  • NPCs being displayed in the ranking what is that? Is it good or not? Guess is more data so we can see what they are doing? So what about factoring of XP from historic gains if ranks are reset?

MD

  • Bots only have XP in theory cos they are interacting, it is not minted into SEED. They should have their XP take removed so is not affecting the whole xp system.
  • Total XP earned by us is not going to change. XP earned from 3 months ago. XP still goes to that. Maybe 25% is in this past but it becomes incrementally less the longer ago it was that we gain as time goes along. Recent history timeframes gain more XP.
  • Otherwise older members who do not contribute anymore would still get loads of seeds and new busy people less which is not fair.

Het - So how do we
calculate this stuff?

MD - Nothing is
really changed its just a post processing system. There is no harm to
XP and it is all equal etc.

Peth - So how far
off is sourcecred.

MD - New explorer
being worked on maybe be ready in 3-4 weeks.

MD - Seasonal thing
we can start in MyMeta to begin with by using Sourcecred API and
filtering with that.

Peth - Thank you.

Het

  • In game balance: we can classify interactions that generate xp by classifying a set of emojis with a semantic value based on the work done by Misanth in their health questionnaire. As players use these emojis we can plot both the interactions and the players on the same typing schema to derive a game balance distribution (like the octolysis). This analysis can be performed on top of the sourcecred data. Metadreamer also mentioned averaging emoji weights instead of linear counting, and also the idea that SC has thought about classifying economic or functional categories as well. Those economic functions are similar to and could potentially be used in a complete analysis as well.

MD

  • XP can be context specific such as dev XP, Community care XP etc it is a thing already in SC. Based on points on graphs and using tags we can influence which types of responses get most XP to try and guide responsiveness to where we need more focus.

Het

  • I am looking at wellness, psych balance. Find a way to notive imbalances in individuals and help people realise and feel supported to improve things. Better for them and the community.

MD

  • One idea was for example a DEV tax for those people not interacting with the community.
  • Like with Magic the gathering colours we can create a mapping system.

Het - Is this
congruent with you Misanth?

Mis - Not sure I
understand.

Penguin - So its
about balance and health.

Scribing ends as
requested by Peth…

1 Like

S1W7 Champions Ring Call
Scribe: Gnomeski 01/02/2021 6pm CET
Contributors: Peth, The Lone Ronin (Ronin/TLR), Misanth, Penguin, Heterotic (Het), Nemo, Hammad, Dan13ram, Metadreamer(MD), Gnomeski
Quick-ish Summary:

  Details of specific quest work underway is discussed in terms of progress and blockers. Nearly all Champions have been at work on their projects. Outside pressures of work etc have caused some delays particularly for Dan who is keeping in touch.. Some communication fails were discovered but the various projects are generally on track. As always a need for greater co-ordination amid the busy-ness of it all is again called for as essential. Work towards that aim continues. 

Agenda:
Catch up with Champions about what they have been doing and what they will do next now.

Peth
• Did the Newsletter, helped set Skill Forest Conference with like 12 different guilds. Answering tons of mentions. Rewrote welcome to MG article. Bring back Intro quests due to popular demand.
• Am going to write next Newsletter. Write out new quest properly.
• No help needed.
Ronin
• Helped Gnomeski with PR has it been merged yet?
• Needs Vercel approval. MD needs contacted directly as so busy.
• In future maybe have Peth and Lux also have Vercel approval, access?

Peth
Is like 20 dollars so maybe 1 more person. Also Hammad very busy.

Ronin
• Need to work more with dysbulic on MetaMaps. He working a lot on apps drawer and doing well. Will talk to Dysbulic.

Penguin
• Summoned Chiev. So if you set address soeone gives you a mushroom reaction. Bookmark feature so newsletter appears wherever there is Chioev. Got a page in ? , Mlibity picked it up but he made amazing Poster. There is no update on MD buddy, so there is nothing final about Merch but it will be globally postable.
• This week be doing server upgrades with Chiev.
• Need no help.
Paco
• Moved to new place. Commenting on Github issues about Metaspace stuff. What we doing with quests can help with that. Someone completes a quest it could level up there skills. Intro Raphael who is designer to help with quest pages. Hard to keep up Everywhere not just here is so busy and changing so fast… I think Mis was doing something like that? Some things are only a title and no status on Notion to see how projects are going.
• This coming week working on the quests first on back end then with friend do front end. Set up simple rules. Work on how to democratically work on who can accept or post quests. Taking inspiration from Snapshot App which is free for voting on quests. Maybe can help on Vercel?
• For Vercel need no permission as far as I know. Can create a Github connection without permissions as is just for preveiw use.

Nemo

• As Paco said agree is feeling chaotic. What we started with Mis - Proposed how to make structure, how to see and get over blockers  etc. We are making meeting after this one to follow it up. A guide of how to talk to and access Champions. Make a log for Champs where people can still put in and see what is happening in summary. This week we hope to finish whole initial structure proposal. I am working on proof of experience stuff with Telegram groups. Etc could be great in the future for here as well

Mprime
• 2nd RHTW went well. Lots more to come. Trying to find more ways or players to make friends with each other. Trying to introduce people across projects and introducing new people. Some stuff I need to farm out. Loads of ideas such as 1 is; ask 100 questions people have and collect in a doc. Could be a quest. If do this offer fixed amount of XP?

HET
• Cannot directly give XP.
Peth
• gonna share more access to make quests.

HET
• Meta tipping is definitely possible. Tipped loads in first month.

Mprime
So is there a fund for setting up bounties?

MD
• We can give XP but it wont be super accurate as to what they get tho.
Maybe not do till we are sure how to make it work tho first.
Peth
• Fixed XP, I get that point. Not great with entry quests as we want to foster some trust through that from newcomers, that they do get noticed when they do those and given to. Having everything with a price tag be bit lame IMO.

Mprime I see is not ready just yet.

Mis
• Updated my notion table sheets to 7-7-7-14-21 but the MyMeta webpage still displays 10-10-10-10-10
• Should submit new PR. ON discord is on 7s. So confusing.
• Split the community call into two vids and uploaded, took a whole day for some reason even though i have decent upload speed.
Updated questions about players needs to get different levels.
Lower thirds, frame animations, outro vid. Could be used for our newsletter youtube videos…
• Beside communication need no help. Shepherding next week and doing questions.

Hammad
• Been working on creating discord bot to auto role assign with X Making updates to eth addresses, json files. Reviewed bunch of PRs. Got hoodie.

MD

• Shows hoodie. Paler than expected. Feels bit childish. Not sure would wear it. 

Peth

• What is happening to tentacles where they meet the arms and block colour of pink there?

MD
• Difficult to make them meet exactly, idea wasa that it ks like they disappear under armpits type thing.

Penguin
• Other shirt looks weird too but works on.
MD
maybe make a minimnal version. Maybe black with logo. Ixing edger stuffwith bots. Fixing the 777 issue just opened. Continuing on bots stuff for automation. Account linking and ethh address stuff. IDX set up for linked ID would ne cool o be helped with.

TLR

• Part of the Meta maps stuff is that also.

HET

• Met with Swarm people. Not seen grant pack yet. Set to give bzz tkns, follow along with Paco and TLR and with Metamaps stuff relating to quests, emojis and Metarhizal Network (MN) stuff. Need to look at the MN spreadsheet more closely. Possible everyone could run a channel or space, each with their own specific emoji, then this sets a max of 150 spaces can be managed. Trying to visualise how that can be set up. Mprime got some ideas about that. Kyle very interested. 
• Questions for TLR proposing 2 classes are in use in Metamaps to add functionalities between map skimmers n all that…
• Link into work with dysbulic. Get SC data available to Mms. 

MD
• Can query json files for that easily on Github.

Het
• Busy as hell cos of the end of the month deadlines and will be back on it by Weds and be doing PRs again by Fiday.

TLR
• Sourcecred most important thing as a map that we need.
HET
• Would like to have the skimmer working t the Metamaps
Specific next step to be completed.

Dan
• Been busy with other work and bit lost with where is at. Hope to connect more in next period. Lacking time.

Gnomeski
• Thought was asked to wait on the Part 2 of the Lore as maybe Peth was saying for others to possibly do it to mix it up? Also been feeling a bit at a loss and out of depth. Planning some Rogue pieces.

Peth
• Do not recall ever asking or saying that? Thought you were maybe gonna ask Lanski as you had mentioned.

Gnomeski

• Was back a way with Dms or I probably mis read it then. Yeah I have DMed Lanski few times now with no reply so dunno if something up there, or if he is just too busy. Was also aware Balsrech and Avalon were looking for some writing missions as well.  
• Was thinking of  making Rogue piece. The Neuro-chemical Dependency of a Sourcecred Junkie. Got some other Rogue mission in mind also.

• Exploring ‘like culture’ and Dopamine boosts in relation to a need for validity, Popularism and not wanting to say some things for fear of adverser group dynamics. This acting as a possible issue regarding honesty and free expression. Referenced one form of hierarchy which deliberately appoints an Insubordinate with full Veto power. Also to act as a celebrated voice of dissent to test things and help keep balance in power dynamics. Seems after my criticisms of Anallese’s vid style I  found quite a bit of agreement in DMs but no emojis demonstrating any support or agreement so I suspect this popularist ‘like culture’ fear of alienation  may be a factor at work here. Like not wanting to fall out with ‘the in crowd’  or whatever. So I wanna explore these kind of dynamics more. 

MD
• This is vitally important. Does not matter how well tech folks make everything if there are deep problems with Social dynamics then it is all for nothing. Stuff you are talking about is super valuable and this is an ancient issue with social organisation and power dynamics. We are trying to address. Suggest appointing a role of insubordinate. Someone who promotes free speech and celebrates it. This needs to be coming from place of ensuring integrity of the community through honest exchanges without fear.
Peth
• Maybe we should appoint a role of Devils Advocate then!

Gnomeski
• I will do it gladly. Also I will get back at the Lore then and maybe DM those folks, need to sleep on it.

Peth

• Onboarding writing will also be needed once Penguin done bots etc for that, add some flair to what has already been made type of thing.

MD
• Want to do a Q n A thing on the system of XP. Go ask players question about what people want to know about XP. Make it a call and recvord it. Update wiki with more detailed info.

Look to Thursday. A smaller session that is focused.

Mis
• On my meta page there are lines when hover over it. With chrome.

MD
• Reminds of gloss reflection effect. Please open an issue.

Mis

• Issues at Mymeta with bots appearing and also Platinum bot between 2 Gold fam members!?.

MD

• Role does not date any more just needs deleted, to be done.

End scribing. Unstructured but other MG related chats commence…

MetaGame Champions Ring 2/8/2021

  • Scribe: defileZebra ( DZ )

  • Attendees: Penguin, Misanth, Gnomeski, peth, heterotic, mprime, Kyle Stargarden, MetaDreamer, GeleeRoyale

Quick-ish Summary:

Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

  • What have you been working on?
  • What are you going to be doing next?
  • Do you need any help with anything?

Discussion:

  • Kyle
    • What have you been working on?
      • Started to make deal with VC and may not be able to contribute to the level expected
      • Lives in a recording studio and had someone pull a gun on him, that sucked
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • process map for clear onboarding
        • Miro or mural board is a good idea
        • Wants to look into Notion and better understand the tool
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Someone who has miro account to start it and then send an invite link for process map
        • Kyle- tool for us to track and improve onboarding process
        • Swim lane may be too linear
  • Peth
    • What have you been working on?
      • Worked on onboarding
      • Newletter
      • Design sprint w/ABCXD
      • Import into Notion
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Write out things that need done for MetaFest
        • Assign MetaFest tasks
      • Deeper into closing github issues
      • Assign issues inside metagame and post some on gitcoin
        • Onboard more gitcoin devs
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Where else can we get developers from?
        • Looking for diversity outside of crypto
      • Season 2 is in a bit over a month!
  • Penguin
    • What have you been working on?
      • Pressing on MetaFest objectives and nail down date
      • Working on moderator guide
      • Mag NFT
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Finish and post moderator guide
      • Mbilty and Chargan(?) made suggestions about NFTs
        • Sent to Manu on Defiant pixel society who can help make them 3D and rotate
      • Pushing on typeform and lining up speakers for MetaFest
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Need to finalize what is happening with Metamerch to be ready for MetaFest
  • GeleeRoyal
    • What have you been working on?
      • Big Giveth release this week so been very focused on that
      • Getting more involved in Metagame recently and struggling with how things are decided
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Will make decision together with Peth on venue for Metafest
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • No
  • Mprime
    • What have you been working on?
      • Scheduled more speakers for upcoming community gathering
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Need to finalize MetaFest speakers and date
        • How long will speakers speak?
        • Topic? can be anything
        • Multiple tracks?
          • Mprime is focused on lining up presenters from within Meta fam
        • Peth suggested merging multiple submission forms with Penguins
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Catch up with Penguin
  • Misanth
    • What have you been working on?
      • Making memes and helping with newsletter
      • Playing around with QR cards and maybe use them as NFT
      • Making a list of NFTs to mint
      • Made a quest-like an online form in Champions ring
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • MetaFest stuff
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Lux is tracking all players, can we put that in Notion?
      • Nothing
  • Metadreamer
    • What have you been working on?
      • Picked up issue for discord bot from Nicolas
      • Ceramic and IDX in beta helped to integrate SourceCred
        • Will allow linking of accounts
        • Dysbulic working on it
      • Dropped video in #Metamerch about hoodie
        • Penguin feedback- type in octopus hoodie in google and looks the same as all the other existing hoodies and the pink is a bit flat
      • Making some adjustments to XP and merging accounts
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • More hoodie samples and will focus on tshirts
      • Reduce weight on signpost channel
        • Kyle has a PR with reduced weight already- will review
        • Heterotic suggested that could make cumulative or average to resolve
          • Metadreamer: Open issue in sourcecred for that
        • Creditor design sprint next week
      • Formalize some guidelines for tagging @player in discord to reduce overload
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Just finalizing Metamerch
  • Heterotic
  • Gnomeski
    • What have you been working on?
      • Lore has been idle, may have been some miscommunication
      • Chatted with Misanth
      • Spending time in #Devils-advocate and started meme game
        • ½ seed bounty
        • A bit drained from the resulting drama
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Engaged Avalon for help on Lore
        • She may be able to help with interviews for early members
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Some point catch up with Misanth for help with graphical elements
  • DefileZebra
    • What have you been working on?
      • dayjob
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Joining at lunch to take notes
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • No
  • Updates submitted via discord for those unable to join us today
    • Luxumbra
      • What have you been working on?
        • Was raiding over in RG and was not able to do any MG related stuff apart from chat to Misanth, Vanilla and Peth about managing player numbers as we get closer to season 1 close.
      • What are you going to be doing next?
        • I will be finishing this raid and intend to come back to get involved with some building in MG. Will also get the new Members page in notion updated from my spreadsheet so it’s easier for folks to see
      • Do you need any help with anything?
        • Nothing
    • Nicolaslaw
      • What have you been working on?
        • Hey there, reporting for the two last weeks as I entirely forgot to report last Monday, I didn’t have the time to work on the #:popcorn:-valuefeed (cc @:octopus: peth don’t need your eth ), but to put it in other words… I’m getting maried ! So there’s lots of things to think about and I couldn’t do both.
        • I won’t be available tonight, have fun guys!
      • What are you going to be doing next?
        • I’ve seen your PR @METADREAMER ?? so I’ll continue building on top of this!
      • Do you need any help with anything?
        • null
  • Lets circle back to MetaFest discussion
1 Like

MetaGame Champions Ring 2/15/2021

  • Scribe: defileZebra ( DZ )

  • Attendees: peth, Misanth, mprime, Kyle Stargarden.io, TheLoneRonin ( TLR ), geleeroyale, penguin

Quick-ish Summary:

  • MetaFest is coming and players are hard at work to bring us a successful event. The NFTs are looking pretty sweet.
  • We are always looking for builders, but specifically we have a need for more support in code review and approval. Especially for anyone with strong command of TypeScript, Next.js, Hasura or GraphQL. Speak up in the #builders-guild channel if this is you.

Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

  • What have you been working on?
  • What are you going to be doing next?
  • Do you need any help with anything?

Updates:

  • Gnomeski (via discord)

    • What have you been working on?
      • Avalon began process of mini-interviewing original founder members mostly awaiting replies…
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Hope to receive replies and have some material to work with.
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • May be needing to pick Peths memory as I go along, here and there for a few weeks.
      • Am in process of house hunting so expect a slowish turnaround.
  • Peth

    • What have you been working on?
      • Metafest stuff
      • Replying to DMs and putting out fires
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Go harder on MetaFest
      • Get bounties up on Gitcoin
      • Write more quests
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Everything and nothing
  • TLR

    • What have you been working on?
      • Busy with Airweave in the last few weeks, so time has been limited
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Align on Metamaps stuff
      • A builder brought up that we have code sitting waiting for review/approve/merge.
        • Metadreamer and Paco have typically handled most of the code review but they have been busy outside of Metagame as of recent
        • TLR is happy to contribute but noted that they may not be the best resource
          • TLR’s specialty is less CSS and more C & backend
        • We need to sort out onboarding more people to review, especially those strong in TypeScript, Next.js, Hasura or GraphQL
          • We discussed that this may not be the greatest candidate for Gitcoin grants because we need someone with more skin in the game, but this may be a good way to re-engage less active, yet tenured players
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Not much
  • Penguin

    • What have you been working on?
      • Very deep into NFT for MetaFest- now 16 total being worked Mlibty, chargan(spelling?) on ranks and Misanth on the raffle ticket
      • Speaker forms, mod forms and internal metagame forms!
        • Submitted to ethDenver people
        • Forms are pretty easy and data returned looks good
        • At some point we may want to merge to a single form
      • Helped Gelee troubleshoot UI and landing page
      • Networking and getting soft agreements to speak
      • Working on Chiev bot update
        • Raffle random NFT from a set
      • Posted Chievmint for community rewards
        • We all have Chiev tokens and can vote
        • Voting is live until 21st and it’s on xDAI
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Minting all of the art
      • Getting it ready for workshop
      • Continue to network and work on getting speakers
      • Helping with MetaFest
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Nothing specific needed, but work
  • mrpime

    • What have you been working on?
      • Not doing much on metagame
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Working on securing Talks from metafam at MetaFest
        • Similar to Friday talks
        • 5-15 minutes for any topic
          • Learning about the person as much as the topic
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Help on finding internal metaFam
        • Brain exchange was suggested as the best resource
  • Misanth

    • What have you been working on?
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Meme contest
        • Wholesome round
          • 5 min
        • Sinical round
          • Serving templates
          • 5 min
        • Video round
          • 2 min
      • Metafest
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Some raffle ticket details still need to be worked out
      • Meme game: potential movie scenes for round 3 of meme contest
  • Kyle

    • What have you been working on?
      • Spent a lot of time and energy working on Venture cap deal with a different project and Thursday funding support was removed. Bummed out, but on a positive note this does create more time and energy for Metagame
      • Was a bit triggered looking with respect to play styles this week and that we need more builder and dev support.
        • Feels like community is not valuing builder contributions enough
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Peth helped create a blank miro board and will start non-linear process map for onboarding
      • Wants to discuss merging care initiative and onboarding
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Connecting Misanth and Sandy to discuss onboarding
  • GeleeRoyale

    • What have you been working on?
      • Metafest mostly
      • Penguin and Misanth are doing a lot of work as a Metafest core team
      • We have a landing page
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Wants to do metamedia but would like Peth feedback on metamedia doc
        • Peth suggested focusing on MetaFest for now
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Would like to increase amount of content linked from landing page
        • Floating iframes with Schedule
        • We need more copy about MetaFest
      • Graphics for final MetaFest page

Open Discussion/Circle back:

  • GeleeRoyale
    • So many builders but not contributing
    • Overweighted discord hugely can disincentivize builders
    • Would like to see us increase the weight on github
      • Game is skewed
    • Organize more on the github and increase values
    • Came up in the past but what about a daily cap for discord XP?
  • Kyle
    • If someone gets upset is it the individual or the group’s responsibility?
    • Wants to talk about Care initiative in light of last week’s events
      • We have more soul searching to do with self-expression versus being sensitive/avoiding triggers
      • Offensive on purpose to seek attention?
      • Having someone that is dedicated to care w/in an organization is critical
  • TLR
    • Feels we still have some boundary definition to work on
  • Detail graduated sanctions for assholes
    • This needs to be spelled out crystal clear
  • Mprime acknowledged that moderation is a really hard problem
    • Twtr and especially BookFace have nearly endless resources, yet they aren’t any closer than we are to figuring this out
    • We have an advantage in that we are a smaller community
  • Incident Report
    • MetaDreamer addressed some of the wider communication to players about the sanctions imposed
  • Penguin will work on incident report for current and (specifically) future moderators
    • There is a lot more to everything that happened than what can be seen in the channel history
    • This will not be intended to shame, but a fact based account of events and resulting actions for mods
1 Like

MetaGame Champions Ring 2/15/2021

  • Scribe: defileZebra ( DZ )

  • Attendees: Misanth, mprime, Gnomeski, TheLoneRonin, penguin

Quick-ish Summary:

  • Players are still hard at work on MetaFest. We encourage you to share, please fill this out new mono form and tell us about what you can contribute to make MetaFest awesome: https://bit.ly/MetaFest2021!
  • Seed minting proposal is in the works.

Today we will ask 3 questions of each participant:

  • What have you been working on?
  • What are you going to be doing next?
  • Do you need any help with anything?

Updates:

  • Penguin

    • What have you been working on?
      • Directing artists, 8 ppl working on badges
      • Mono form completed
        • For participants of MetaFest
      • WhaleShark is NFT player and has agreed to speak at MetaFest!
      • Also reaching out to Pranksy
      • Outgrowing HQ already. Secured next door gallery too.
      • Will use Player vid content to help balance schedule
      • Made a form to capture addresses to distribute stickers
        • Sadbirdsclub stickers
        • Will delete addresses after shipping
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Event Map isometric buildings for MetaFest Playa
      • MetaMerch shirts should pretty be finalized soon
        • These will print on demand and ship internationally
      • Wrapping up some NFTs and buildings, will send out and ask others to replicate
      • Reach out to Misanth
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Ask others to make buildings similar to example ones once initial sample is available (should be Friday/Sat this week)
  • Mprime

    • What have you been working on?
      • Trying to collect and build queue of future topics for Friday meetings and MetaFest
        • Has 20 ppl with a few topics
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Work with penguin to merge some MetaFest efforts
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Looking for builders for skill tree for MetaFest hack
        • Visualization libraries
        • Unsure if this will be pursued due to time constraints
  • Misanth

    • What have you been working on?
      • MetaFest discussions/hall monitoring
      • Info graphic with weights from discord
        • Best place to post?
        • Penguin: Put in Did a thing and maybe XPGains
      • Deep fake Monty Python
      • Shared MetaFest promo video
        • Having occasional issues exporting from figma = blank?
        • promo video should be shilled 7 days before Metafest
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Catch up with Tommy,
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • MetaFest stuff!
  • Gnomeski

    • What have you been working on?
      • Not working on much MetaFest
      • Contributing writing and realizes that is not time sensitive relative to Metafest
      • Working on newest Rogue quest on Mental Health
        • Writing a tale of someone burying themselves deeper into the game and start to come apart at the seams. Educational package of challenges of social media and keying into rewards systems.
        • Coming along well.
        • Misanth has been helping
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Offering help for writing content for MetaFest
      • House hunting irl.
      • Catch up with Avalon about founder interviews
      • Scheming up idea for meta museum
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Formatting issues with linking in and out of other docs
  • TheLoneRonin

    • What have you been working on?
      • Making sure everyone is on the same page after he updates things bc its not merged with the master
        • permissions for reading and writing maps
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Making sure we get the updates for permissions for r/w on metamaps by this week and then merge it.
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Once I finish the update. Just need to loop in buidlers about the changes I’ve made
  • Kyle

    • What have you been working on?
      • Build bridge between friends of his that are premier designers of glasswork and Metafactory
      • Meeting with Garett Kinshasa to use AI beats and mint into NFT
        • Helped find him an advisor for his product
      • Building platform that will launch on March 15
        • Airdrop based on XP rather than just holding seeds
      • Better onboarding
        • We already have voice of the customer (VOC), aka onboarding feedback
      • Engaged TEC for Graviton training
        • 8 hour long trainings and Kyle wants to do it
        • Feels like Dysbulic/Het issue is not yet complete in resolution
        • We should plan for things like this to happen again and that we need to be better prepared to deal with it in the future
        • New user: JuanKbell joined access to the channels and is the leader of the Graviton dispute resolution system
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Mapping out onboarding process
        • Map out:
          • As it is now
          • As we want it to be
        • Will create a record of how onboarding has evolved
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • People that have just recently joined would be very helpful with collaborating on the map for better onboarding: https://miro.com/welcomeonboard/rUwOziCXdunl0YJqQxBNusscZ0vW2A6gTVewtXhULLAkxlSNDCKZMsRV8HVHWquQ
      • VOC previously gathered:
        • 1.) Innkeeper’s guide with helpful tips and pointers for on-boarding players. Advice like - helping them find a guild, helping them navigate the ecosystem, directing them to the starter quests.
        • 2.) Cohorts; pairing up newer players on small teams for small starter value adds.
        • 3.) Innkeeper activation process for discovering a new members talents and helping them overcome blocks like imposter syndrome.
        • 4.) Innkeeper resources guide; to help identify for innkeepers helpful personalized resources that they can direct new players towards.
        • 5.) Innkeepers act as connectors to people who are leading raids, quests or guilds.
        • 6.) Innkeepers starter quests
        • 7.) More things that you do and less that you read
        • 8.) Limiting channel overload by permissioning categories or channels by an individual’s role
        • 8.a) A key for determining what roles see what channels
        • 8.b) Implementing the channel permissioning for roles and channels
        • 8.c) Rogues still see all channels
        • 9.) A collaborative map of the current onboarding process will be developed here : ( https://miro.com/welcomeonboard/rUwOziCXdunl0YJqQxBNusscZ0vW2A6gTVewtXhULLAkxlSNDCKZMsRV8HVHWquQ )
        • 10.) Pinned channel descriptions perhaps from the metarrhizzal network
        • 11.) Increase visibility of “guiding” resources such as “signpost” channel
        • 12.) Growing your skills as a builder. The current builder onboarding system assumes that you are already familiar with setting up a developer environment. Going back through the learning steps required to get onto the builder path - could allow us to upskill our own builders
  • Penguin asked about Builders guild sentiment

    • TheLoneRonin was given owner role and wants to try and get more active
    • Penguin excited for front end work from TheLoneRonin, Alec and Paco
    • Increasing incentive may not help keep builders engaged if Code review is a bottleneck
    • Penguin gives props to TheLoneRonin for capabilities building front end, and excited to see him help further with code review

Updates from those unable to attend:

  • dan13ram
    • What have you been working on?
      • Working on BrightID integration on MyMeta. Raised a WIP PR here
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Finish the integration and take to prod in coming week.
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Not much help needed. Would appreciate any review comments on the PR!
  • MetaDreamer
    • What have you been working on?
      • moving houses, making XP adjustments, and preparing next SEED distribution
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • Make the minting proposal for next distribution by tomorrow
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Nothing in particular
  • nicolaslaw.eth
    • Answer to the 3 questions in one, just like last time I have little to no time to work on the valuefeed for now while organising a wedding.
    • Hoping to grab a few hours on the next week-end
  • Paco
    • What have you been working on?
      • I finished the backends for the quest system, it is reviewed and merged.
    • What are you going to be doing next?
      • I’m working with ninjafire for the wireframes/designs of the pages and I’ll start implementing them once we have something coherent.
    • Do you need any help with anything?
      • Null
1 Like