The Navigation Board

I’ll write a whole blog post on why maps are really important and unfortunately massively underappreciated in the modern world, why they make things better etc.
But just take my word on it for now and let’s dive in :slight_smile:

Here’s this snapshot (posted on 17.4.2020, let us know if it stays outdated for too long)

Anyway,
The thing is based on Doughnut Economics, here’s how it works:

• If an object is outside the green circle, we are not working on it yet.
  • Yellow is the optimal place for an object to be. It means it is either already stable or actively being worked on.
  • When an object gets close to the red line - that is not good. It means we’re either neglecting it or need more power directed at it.
  • If an object somehow gets inside the red circle, it becomes a burning priority to deal with it. The longer it is inside, the more damage it is doing to our crystal.
  • that should never happen :point_up:

We still need to figure out what colors to use for what.
So far:

• Purple lines means we’re dealing damage (probably need to split up into what kind of it)
  • Green lines mean passively supporting, the person to get in touch with.
  • Yellow objects are objects that need a lot of working on.
  • Purple are sort of stable system modules, but you can notice the Wiki is also purple but close to the red line, which means it’s already alive but needs some feeding.
  • That’s it for now, open to suggestions.

The immediate idea is that at least “Community, Content, Technology & Vision” should be some sort of glyphs rather than words, as they will mean more than the current words anyway. Community evolves into an ecosystem, technology evolves into industries…
The really long term idea is that it would be rendered in 3D world, the “problems” would turn into zombies or bosses, important modules into towers we need to be upgrading etc.

The Board

Note: You won’t immediately get edit access because there isn’t good version control and people in the past really messed up when I left the previous map on open access.
So contact me to get added.

2 Likes

You should probably make backups of the board too! https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572774-Board-Backup

Also might be interesting, we can embed the board into the wiki: https://developers.miro.com/docs/embed-boards

1 Like

Embedding it into wiki!
Love the sound of that.

badabim badabum

1 Like