The MetaGame SEED Market šŸŒ±

you got it!

It wonā€™t let me put a link in my post. Put it on colony thread.

1 Like

Excellent!

Reposting here so everyone can follow your example:

@Sky can you please format your shilling as a tweetstorm like @youngkidwarrior did?

Done. Sorry not a twitter expert. https://twitter.com/sminert/status/1246281463114403841

1 Like

No worries! Weā€™re all learning as we go :slight_smile:

That was a well written piece of explanation @burrrata! It did answer most of my questions. Gonna read a bit deeper for anything else I missed. Thanks :slight_smile:

So 2000s :joy:
Great write-up @burrrata!
Maybe it should be turned into a blog post for the newsletter or a wiki entry?

I generally agree with this, but think itā€™s more of a late game mechanic.
Diamond founders are very important in the early stage of the game, but as we move forward there will be more focus on competence hierarchies & leaderboards rather than who has the most Seeds.
It also depends issue to issue, some things can be decided by ā€œthe eliteā€ and some should be decided democratically by asking the whole community.

One important thing to realize is that even if this MetaGame is completely ran by the elite, the elite is kept in check by MetaGameā€™s open-sourceness.
If people donā€™t like the elite, they can just launch their own MetaGame and the metagames will be interoperable at least to a degree.
Also, most important modules will emerge to have their own governance rather than being governed by MetaGame. ā€œThe MetaGameā€ will just be an interface to ā€œthe metagameā€, if that makes sense

ā€œAll this being said, at the end of the day, humans always act on reward functions of either money, power, or fame.ā€
I definitely strongly disagree with this too.
Reminds me of the old ā€œhumans are simply rational economic beingsā€ - which has been disproven - with ā€œfameā€ added :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have laid out a Whimsical Mind Map according to my understanding of the MetaGame SEED Market. Please correct me if anythingā€™s wrong.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah thatā€™s the goal. Sketching it all out here and then will create a series of posts in the MetaGame Wiki so that itā€™s easy to reference in the future.

Re all the stuff around governance, DiamondFam, and whatnot - itā€™s ongoing exploration. Atm the only way to get SEEDs is to earn them. Weā€™re starting with a high trust group of engaged community members, and will explore decentralizing over time. Beyond that, due to the permissionless nature of MetaGame, governance decisions should be kept to a minimum. If governance is a problem weā€™re doing it wrong lol

This is awesome! Feel free to provide proof of shilling (and an address) for a SEED :seedling:

1 Like

A more generic version of the stuff I shared in this thread is also on AraCred. This is where you can find info on the AraCred (a generic design pattern). This is a generalizable system that can be applied to a variety of use cases. Once the system is completely mapped out we can create a similar set of information for MetaGame (an opinionated instance) using MetaGame terminology and incorporating all the other MetaGame mechanisms and things.

so the metagame (infrastructure) is like aragon and the interface are like the aragon apps? each metagame app has its own functionality and governance like each aragon app is its own DAO. the metagame infrastructure makes it easy to build metagame interfaces/apps on top of metagame. so metagame provides the tools and some apps and other people can also build apps and/or create their own metagame (own reward tokens) with the apps they want like with aragon where you can create your own DAO and add Aragon Apps to it. like this?

1 Like

Something like that, yeahā€¦
Projects might still be getting subsidized by the MetaGame, but the aim is for them to be as autonomous and self-sustainable as possible.

how does this work and why is this important?

Either the initiative is minted XP then Seeds directly, itā€™s funded by the Commons pool, or boosted by individual players.
Because things like profiles ainā€™t gonna build themselves & we canā€™t expect every critical component to be able to pay for itself directly :man_shrugging:

1 Like

ah sure its an additional support but optional

Read Dan Pinkā€™s book on ā€œDriveā€ what motivates humans ā€¦ money is only middling at best.

1 Like

I mean, we are not only users of a platform that others are delivering to us so we can play on top of that. We are the builders of a future that people out there still has no idea about.

For the innovators and early adopters, this is the type of quiz which will separate out those ready to work on MetaGame projects vs those who are more the early-majority stage of uptake. When assembling team, it is useful to have everyone on roughly the same level so that they can b productive, you can see this at CompSci classes (which I used to teach) where all the top students preferred doing software engineering with those they considered peers rather than the middle or mediocre.

When people used email or Facebook for their first time
Later on when the visual interface becomes stablised then the bar can be lowered, but in the tool-building phase, you want everyone to be on roughly same page.

1 Like

1 seed does equal 1 vote, diamond founders are just the people that have the most SEED

IETF notes that voting by numbers doesnā€™t always work/scale ā€¦ xref rough concensus

1 Like

Yea Iā€™m coming to realize that 1 SEED = 1 vote doesnā€™t scale.

Good read on rough consensus, which is what Iā€™m leaning towards now: https://andytudhope.africa/writing/essays/running-code/