The features that make up MyMeta / MetaOS have been almost entirely specified by one person (Peth) over two years ago. Many of these features have been diligently built and deployed, but we have put almost no effort into attracting external (meaning outside of MetaGame) users to use the product. This lack of market validation puts the product at high risk of being unnecessary, unneeded and / or ignored by the greater web3 community. At the same time, many similar projects have sprouted up with similar aims.
MetaGame is well-known in the Ethereum community as a prominent spinoff from MetaCartel as well as from a number of highly-attended events such as MetaFest in Spring 2021. The Discord community is active, vibrant and relatively diverse. Overall, the brand is generally highly regarded and trusted.
MyMeta has grown into an impressive piece of software with useful functionality:
- Users can connect their Eth wallet and create / edit their profile
- This profile data is stored in Ceramic under the “basic profile” schema, allowing for widespread reuse in other dApps
- A user’s profile displays the following information, allowing viewers to get a sense of the person’s skills, personality, and affiliations
- Skills, location, and availability for additional work
- An NFT gallery
- Evergreen Guild and DAO memberships
- Personality clues
- Social identities (twitter, github, eth address)
- When connected, a user’s dashboard pulls in the latest content from MetaMedia as well as their status in MetaGame
- Users can learn about MetaGame and web3 in general through the landing page and by following links in the MegaMenu
MyMeta / MetaOS needs an external-facing steward. This steward would be responsible for driving MyMeta adoption as well as identifying and pursuing collaborations and integrations with other organizations.
- A strong belief in MyMeta’s potential for contributing value to the greater web3 ecosystem
- The ability to keep up to date on MyMeta’s product status and roadmap, through the various MetaGame internal guilds working on it (e.g. Builders, Designers)
- An ability to creatively synthesize MyMeta’s vision with partner organizations’ products to identify exciting partnership opportunities
- Strong written communication skills to relay external conversations to the core team working on MyMeta
- Either a well-established personal network within the web3 community, or a strong motivation to build one
- Hands-on technical skills are not required, beyond having the context to understand various web3 orgs’ products
This can be a part-time role. Like any other role in MetaGame, compensation will be determined by the community’s perception of the value of your work.