Update January 12 2023
After reading comments on the proposal (thank you @Web Three Prophet🐙 @katerinabc @ peth), talking to @Cami, and to Yalor (from MetaCartel & MetaGame), I’m hearing that there is a BIG need for more collaboration, energy, and excitement.
Personally, I am feeling a push to work on something impactful – work that can impact thousands of people – and, in the spirit of MetaGame, work that will help people’s lives and their communities. In order to achieve this, we need to get clear on who our audience is and what they need. We need to create playbooks that will be extremely useful and will help people solve real problems in their lives and in their work.
Now for the fun part, the HOW. How do we create extremely useful playbooks that will help people solve real problems?
We need to COLLABORATE. (We can’t do this alone). We need to generate A LOT OF ENERGY & EXCITEMENT. We can do this by creating a PLAYBOOKS COMPETITION. The winners will be given grants to write Playbooks but the competition itself will be to conduct user research and understand what Playbooks are NEEDED. (We can craft details later).
Okay, now for the VERY fun part: collaboration! Because, remember, we can’t do this alone. So we will work with other DAOs (Gitcoin, Bankless, etc.) to MATCH grant funds. Let’s really up the ante here and incentivize HIGH-QUALITY playbooks!
The overarching goal is to grow and evolve MetaMedia. And, very importantly, to set it on a path towards sustainability. We have identified Playbooks as a critical component of the MetaMedia system that can help us to achieve growth and sustainability. Our plan consists of three subgoals:
- Fund creators outside of the MetaFam ecosystem by giving them grants to write Playbooks
- Provide Playbooks-as-a-Service to DAOs
- Secure sponsorships
The expected impact of each subgoal is as follows:
- Grow audience i.e, most people who write Playbooks today already have large audiences. This means that writing for MetaMedia is an opportunity for MetaGame to reach a new audience (the writer’s), and for the writer to reach a new audience (MetaMedia’s).
- Generate revenue i.e, MetaMedia will charge $X to write a DAO playbook. A % will be used to pay the
writer and a % to pay the Ops team.
- Make the sustainability flywheel possible i.e, Sponsorships will provide the $$ to make (1) and (2) possible.
Of course, there are already “DAO media machines” out there that write playbooks, but our unique value proposition is that Playbook writers will have the option to turn their Playbook into a micro-course on MetaGame, unlocking additional benefits.
What I want to achieve over the next Season (3 months)
- Develop content strategy to keeping moving MetaMedia forward
- Source new contributors from the broader DAO ecosystem (outside of MetaFam) to contribute content to MetaMedia (newsletters, videos, playbooks)
- Generate revenue (sponsorships, selling ad space, Mirror NFTs)
Moonstone #1 - (first-month milestone)
- Establish relationship with 2-3 independent content creators (outside of MetaFam) to source their content in newsletter
- Work with Playbooks pod to help source Playbooks content creators
Moonstone #2 - (second-month milestone)
- Establish partnership with 1-2 DAOs (e.g., Bankless, A Guild in MetaGuild) and source their content in newsletter
- Work with Playbooks pod to publish 1-2 playbooks (e.g., work with A Guild in MetaGuild)
Moonstone #3 - (third-month milestone)
- Secure 1-2 new sponsors
- Secure 1-2 ad space sales
Why this is important for MetaGame
- Peth has expressed the need for MetaGame to scale up to meet the needs of a growing, evolving DAO audience and to get MetaMedia on a path towards sustainability
- This requires sourcing creators from the broader DAO ecosystem (outside of MetaFam)
- This requires building relationships and entering partnerships with DAOs outside of the MetaFam ecosystem
- Peth will be focusing on fundraising so he needs help with the above
Why am I the right person for it
- I’m a content creator and contributor to several DAOs. I am also a MetaCartel member.
How might I fail at it
What might go wrong, how I might fail or why I might give up…
- Strategy and forming relationships is hard. The tasks at hand are nebulous and the work will require lots of micro adjustments to achieve the goals.
What I’ll need help with
- I will need help from bridge builders (Peth, MG’s Bridge Builder Champion, & others) who have experience forging relationships.
- I will also need a mastermind/brainstorming partner to help me think through content strategy and making $$$
What I hope to get out of it
- I want to get better at content strategy & dao relationship building.
- Pay is TBD
- I am currently able to commit roughly 16 hours per week to MetaGame.
- I pledge to regularly report my progress, let others know when I can’t & gracefully step down from my championing role if/when I have to. (this part you can just copy paste instead of writing your own)