Proposal #5: Create Honorary Role(s)

Soft/Hard: Soft Proposal
It is proposed to add an honorary role for members who made an impact in MetaGame but are no longer active.

Abstract
We have a certain amount of players in MetaGame which are no longer active contributors and thus viable for purging at the end of each season. Some of these members made a significant impact on MetaGame and their time is greatly appreciated, but we have no way to commemorate them. Considering that we purge all those who are inactive, they get tossed in the same wagon at the end.

So, to save our innkeepers from breaking their hearths while also acknowledging the said players contributions, it would make sense to create an Alumni role at the very least.
-The role should see the same things as ranked players
-The role should be immune to purge, similarly to Patrons
-The role should NOT be part of 150 players and thus NOT considered active in Sourcecred

Actionables:
Main Quests

• Create a role in Discord and edit the permissions accordingly
  • Decide the weight of the role
  • Nominate members that should get the role and assign it
  • Deactivate them in Sourcecred, unless they’re Patrons as well

Side-Quests(optional)

• Having the Deactivation automated upon role assignment, being careful not to override the Patron permissions. See : Create a Purge Bot/Script
  • Adding another page/filter on MyMeta (Players, Patrons, Hall of Fame)
  • Discuss whether we have only 1 role for all or go ranked: golden alumni, platinum alumni etc
5 Likes

So, to save our innkeepers from breaking their hearths while also acknowledging the said players contributions, it would make sense to create an Alumni role at the very least.

Great idea. It was always the plan to have honorary roles afaik, so would be cool to see it finally be a thing and with the achievement NFTs being worked on, those honorary contributors can get special honorary NFTs.

-The role should see the same things as ranked players

Yes at the rank they achieved but with reduced permissions, maybe the same as un-ranked Players/Patrons have.

-The role should be immune to purge, similarly to Patrons

Yes, a totally purge-free role unless there’s a guild-kick/rage-quit scenario obvs.

-The role should NOT be part of 150 players and thus NOT considered active in Sourcecred

Indeed, unless they want to re-activate when they remember what they’re missing out on. :smile:

4 Likes

This is a good idea, but I think I’m somewhat against it. Anyone who would receive this role should be a Patron. If they made such significant contributions to MG, they should have been rewarded with enough seeds to be one.

I am all for achievement NFT minting though.

I’m also not opposed to the honorific role, but I think being a Patron should be a requirement. I do see how this might become an issue as Patron costs go up though. . .

5 Likes

Love the idea! It’s a way of giving recognition to all people who helped grow MetaGame, but for some reason don’t play actively anymore. Like Hall of fame in sports.

1 Like

Yh I thought about it and agree, the bare minimum of pooled tokens should be affordable if they were active members. NFT achievements are something we def need to do along side with it. We could put in a system where if you had the req. pSeeds when you got the role, you keep it after the bar gets raised.

exactly, would be nice to have something along those lines on MyMeta one day

1 Like

I’m guessing most in question Are patrons or could be encouraged to be. Or maybe an alumni requirement?

1 Like

Alumni requirement would be good. 8pSEED is not a great deal and like @tommy said, most alumni at these levels have become patrons or haven’t yet but generally still hold all of their seeds and could be persuaded.

1 Like

Maybe an idea could be to create an alumni group, to keep them updated of possibilities and so on, and in thes way could be persuaded to become patrons?

Yh we should come up with a list of candidates and check their patronship status. Maybe we could split it into active/passive (or light vs dark lol) so that you’re an alumni but unlock full potential only by remaining in the pool with the minimum

1 Like

This is the best idea I’ve heard here yet!

Ultimately though I don’t really see a need for this yet. I suppose it’s a good idea to future proof though. I’m still more partial to honorary NFTs though versus Discord roles. We already have a bunch of honorary Discord roles that IMO we should get rid of instead of adding more.

Has this been up for a vote or decided on?