Proposal #26: MetaGame x Raid Guild = Playbooks UI

Appreciate your responses and all the clarity it has added to this conversation :+1:

Generally speaking, I support experimenting, in search of increasing efficiency or quality—hopefully both. Add to that the fact that our own builders don’t have the bandwidth to tackle all the quests faster than they do, and the decision seems to be even easier to be made, IMHO.

Before we do, though, perhaps it would be good to do a “pre-mortem” of sorts. Risk assessment of sorts. How could this go wrong, why, and how are we going to respond?
Let’s have a contingency plan in place, before we seek out to possibly disrupt the sensitive balance of thoughts and emotions with MetaGame players, which is all too fragile and easy to disturb.

1. How might the project go wrong?
  2. How might the relationship with RG go wrong?
  3. Most importantly, how might this backfire for all of us who are playing MetaGame?
  4. How might we respond to any of the risks identified for the above three questions?
1 Like

One more thought:

Have we ever stopped to think why we don’t have more engaged and devoted builders than we do? Is it not precisely because seed mints feel unpredictable, and “hard cash” is more favourable?

Sure, let’s do this, if we can agree it is worth the risks, and ROI seems to be high enough.
However, I hope we would not just leave it at that. This shouldn’t be considered a solution, even if it’s successful. I’d rather treat it as proof that our seed mints ought to be more regular, predictable and reliable, in order for us to have the building capacity we’d like to have.

Captain Obvious, over and out :smile:

2 Likes

I was in one of the first cohorts. 90% attrition, and some got passed through to RG immediately because they had skills and were immediately put on backlogged RAIDs; and the others passed away. So from my perspective, it’s not really what you think it is.

As a safeguard and as a test to satisfy some skepticism, we should put a few MG players into the cohort and so many questions will be answered for $5-$10K (we will learn a lot).

I am all for experiments and/or paying memberships dues, but let’s not kid ourselves and think it will be anything more then a spin up of what we have already seen.

If RGers want to become builders/players in MG; come on in to MG and play, and that makes sense, otherwise, let’s just donate to RG the dev company so our expectations are lower.

What does anyone here think they will deliver some magic app, if so, I am all for it.? But i hope in 30-days we are not down 5-10k and another web3 wired Chakra app that we could spin up in our sleep.

I would bet that once the final spec is written, existing MG players could hit the same mark, but i suspect your faith from the comments is more in RG at this point and engaging dan13, who is more RG than MG and may prefer to work and be compensated through RG instead of MG; Alec seems to be onboard to pass it to RG, and jonathan was in the cohort with me. He is definitely a good note-taker and understands what may be required and has good devskills (PM now?), but his interest are squarely in bizdev for RG and doing a great job at it.
Finally, why would we want to settle on the junior squad of newbies to be culled into RG on our dime; that seems weird.

If sponsorship/memberships of RG is disguised as a “RG is Buiding our Playbooks” kind of feels like a push to remove building from MG and leaving that to RG, which is also fine, they may be better at it, but our bank account will empty out quickly i suspect.

1 Like

This makes sense, but kind of a expensive donation, but will satisfy some MGers want of supporting Metafam giving the project/money to support RG. Although there are plenty of outside agencies that would spin up a UI for Playbooks, (even as a loss leader to get into our pockets), i understand the pressure to continue to support the umbrella. $5K for MCON, $1K for RG, the next metacartel getaway in CostaRica, plus the stealth vote last time where +/- 10k SEED was transferred out? Not sure what that was all about, but whatever.
I have seen this route before and if we are not careful, the account could be empty soon enough, so it’s all how we all want to see it play out.

They don’t fulfill the requirements

We refuse to pay because the requirements weren’t fulfilled or weren’t fulfilled properly. From my experience with the people involved so far, I think their response would be “fair enough” and we’d either pay a smaller amount or nothing depending on what was done.

I don’t see how this could backfire on us tbh. The biggest concern seems to be that its $10k but since we’re already minting >$150k/month, this seems like a drop in the ocean.

I did, updated the top post with these thoughts already.
Its probably precisely because mints are unpredictable but imo, we should make them not-unpredictable rather than start paying some people in cash & some not…
Allowing some players to circumvent the XP system & receive cash ahead of minting seems like opening a can of worms.

I disagree but that’s a topic for another discussion…
Some quick thoughts on it:
I’m of a strong opinion that rather than trying to scale MetaFam to thousands of people, we should scale through inclusion & collaboration with other service & tooling guilds (even within MetaFam, I think bigger projects like MyMeta should eventually spin out into their own DAOs). These collaborations will sometimes be done by other guilds sending us a few people & those people working through the XP system and sometimes like this.
But imo, the goal is to get shit done, not get everything done by MetaFam specifically.

Sure, they have pretty steep requirements for becoming a member.
But the thing is: if they don’t actually do what we need, we don’t actually need to pay.

This was already addressed multiple times.

I believe I explained well enough why I want to do this & I only thought of dan13 because others here suggested someone from MG should be more deeply involved.

The rest of your post is just further downplaying & repeating of what has already been said, I will engage with it no further. Thank you.

This was petty and unnecessary. Why even say it? I am actually trying to help and make points that should considered. It’s clear how you feel about my participation, but maybe pull it back a little?

1 Like

All players should be treated equally, no doubt. I agree.

Let’s have that discussion, too! :slight_smile:

And speaking of collaborations, can we hire RG or some other “outside” help to help us fix seed minting?

2 Likes

Interesting conversation going here. It seems that we need a Gravity Guild asap to turn potential conflicts into opportunities for maturing…

Returning to the main point. I’d support this proposal if:

1. The whole exercise is documented. Meaning, we can use the 5-10K budget to get a double outcome: The Playbooks’ UI + A scientifically documented process of how other Guild made it possible to complete in one month. The result will provide us the means to compare our approach objectively and identify the things we need to improve.
  2. We answer these questions collectively through a Notion page (summoner of proposal should add the Notion page and encourage everyone to add in it)
  1. We have at least two MetaFam’s Writers (main audience) involved in the process of feeding/reviewing/validating the built.
  2. We have confirmed MF people actively working on the raid.

Some final notes:
I like the vision of MetaGame being built by several guilds. MG is the game of building the metaverse. By letting other guilds build MF’s vision we get things done while learning lessons on how to constantly improve.
RG has https://smartinvoice.xyz/. With it, we make sure that whatever we define will be completed, otherwise, they don’t get paid. Even better, within the Smart Invoice, MG can set milestones. Milestones are reviewed and payment is unlocked. So, there won’t be any surprises in the end.

If Pete is putting the money upfront and then getting it from fundraising, then money comes from that effort and not of extracting it from a budget that has already been voted.

1 Like

I agree easier submission would help. But barely anything is written to even submit… haha. Chicken and the egg eh? I do agree though that something on web3 site is more enticing to write than digging in Notion, discord, GitHub, docusaurus. Yea

1 Like

Yea I agree this thread actually was nice to see all considerations. Made me think a lot, and actually change my vote.

I’m sorry but this really does sound like unnecessarily downplaying & spinning the same things that were already addressed, and its super tiring.
No, we are not “donating” money - we are getting a guarantee they will build us something & if they don’t, we won’t pay.

I checked in with a top metafam builder & I’m sorry but I trust his estimate better than you saying “its a web3 chakra app that we could spin up in our sleep” from someone that’s been here for something like 6 months & still hasn’t actually spun up anything inside TheGame repo.
There has been many people making such claims, being loud in the voice channels only to never actually build anything & leave us hanging with issues assigned to them.

“Feels like a push to remove building from MG” kind of a stretch, no?

I didn’t notice the second part tho:

The umbrella doesn’t need our support, we need to stay relevant & we’re failing. We didn’t support the metacartel “getaway” (a great networking opportunity to stay relevant btw) & I have no idea what 10k Seed transfer you’re talking about but I would love it if you brought these kinds of concerns when you notice them rather than keeping them to yourself then using it to do what exactly? I would love to know just as much as you. The only address that ever even held 10k Seeds is the balancer pool.

Will start a thread!

There are other people who already wrote playbooks & published in other blogs or on twitter.
…everyone I asked was up for submitting it to MG until a point when I asked them “do you know how to use github?” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yea it Is off putting if you’re not aware of how to push through GitHub. Playbook UI. I like. Let’s see what they can whip up

Could you please kindly share where this documentation lives? We have had some turnover in the playbooks raid, but we are eager to help shape the yet-to-be-built tool.

Only now seeing this :no_mouth:
…better late than never? :sweat_smile:

This is what we had: Playbooks UI - Google Docs

Still needs to be further shaped & finalized, maybe at the next Playbooks align @tenfinney?

1 Like