MyMeta x Proposal Inverter

I was at the 0mega group call yesterday and people from Prime DAO and Block Science presented the Proposal Inverter system. It is basically a tool that helps reduce all the unecessary administration associated with making a grant proposal, verifying work and allocating funds by implementing a system of fluid streaming of funds drawn from a bigger inter-DAO pool. It’s an amazing system and I can go more in details if one wishes to.
The important thing is that, at some point, Solsista mentioned using MyMeta Profiles as data-sources for proposals recommendation systems in a very excited tone, exclaming that “this all makes sense now” and that “the use and value of the profiles beyond reputation systems is clear”.

Furthermore, 0mega group wants to be the guinea pig for the first proposal inverter versions. This will make it known to the rest of TEC. If using MyMeta profiles becomes a thing in TEC then MyMeta can be associated with the whole field of Token Engineering (for which I training for).

I think that stuff like this is what we should be focusing on. We should pay more attention to what other DAOs think the use cases can be and work on realizing them rather than making something and trying to market it to practically nobody at all.

Integrating MyMeta profiles with the Proposal Inverter platform and using them as data sources for linking people to proposals and improving suggestions can be a very fruitful route to follow that can actually bring a viable revenue stream to Metagame.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you for being all over the place & posting this!
Goes well with what I’ve been thinking as well:

• That rather than just getting MyMeta integrated in places, we should go hard on integrating things into MyMeta as well

There are more & more identity & reputation systems. At this point I think its more likely that there will be a bunch of them than 1 perfect solution. There’s a bunch of them listed in this thread, but there are also things like Dework that are producing “task logs” in people’s profiles… The meta solution may well be to be an aggregator by plugging all of those into MyMeta :man_shrugging:
Theoretically, this doesn’t even have to be done by us as a lot of these projects may be eager to get integrated…
Thoughts @alec?

1 Like

I think that the fact that the profiles run on Ceramic is a big advantage in terms of the usability of the data and there is a blooming of data markets such as Ocean Market around so as to even monetize them. It is not necessary to go the “data market” way but it is necessary to think of MyMeta more in terms of Data rather than merely a “showcase”. I should engage in more direct communications with solsista and other in 0mega and TEC in general in order to better define what functionality they would like from MyMeta. But I think we have already discussed that this is in their roadmap for the next season.

This won’t be concerning as long as people want to use MyMeta because of either the aesthetic, the features (none of this project uses psychological factors such as color wheels, neither is it that easy to add new features that easily) or the culture behind it. I think that focusing on the aspect of culture would be the most effective for Stewarting MyMeta, especially if it is advertised as “a decentralized linked in”.

Cool! @HBesso31 also mentioned the proposal inverter as an interesting means of funding. I even read the whole article about it, but assumed it was just theory.

I think that stuff like this is what we should be focusing on. We should pay more attention to what other DAOs think the use cases can be and work on realizing them rather than making something and trying to market it to practically nobody at all.

100% agree with this, please reach out to TEC and pursue it. I think it’s time to formalize a raid and make this more concrete. I sense we have the resources to push this forward if we can just coordinate. I personally would love to be more involved with these other orgs but am just spread too thin already.

1 Like