MetaGame Community Gathering and Design Workshop
Attendees: abcxd, Alec, Andrej Berlin, blake, dan13ram, dawg, Drew Harding, elee, eowulia, gabi, geleeroyale, Gnomeski, Heidi, Luxumbra, Magenta, Metadreamer (MD) Misanth, Niran, pacobacpac, penguin, peth §, Polycarp, taekikz, TheLoneRonin
- I arrived at 12:45 EST/ 1845 CET but the meeting was already started, sorry my notes start late.
- We have a list of efforts with steps broke down and champions assigned!
Everyone was collaborating on the Miro board “MetaGame Decision Jam”
Players wrote statements “How Might we….” (HMW) on cards
- We prioritized HMW’s and deleted duplicate cards
- Each player voted on the 5 most important cards
- Spent 12 min to write down next steps to get to a solution for each HMW card
- There were so many cards that 10 min wasn’t enough
Moving through cards that received more than two Votes (1 minute each)
Allow players to create quests by spending seed
- MD-Higher effort, what’s the oracle?
- Impact is medium-ish because it creates a use case for seed but may not revolutionize MG
- Polycarp If someone wants work done, they can pay seed
Tighter feedback loop with bots and see expected earnings
- Basically, what our friends at Source Cred are doing already
- SC will have updates with additional functionality coming soon
Simple interface for supply and demand listings
- P-Market would be interesting
- MD- Almost standalone product and bounty system as proposed
- Could be lower effort to integrate with something that already exists
- P mentioned Distric0x?
- MD- Re-inventing Gitcoin
- lower impact since this already exists
Give everyone a quest Journal
- Similar to tighter feedback loops
- MD- what are the quests, who will build out content and maintain it?
- Impact is fairly good
Myspace approach and allowing customization
- Custom backgrounds/wallpapers etc
- P-thinks its important but not something to start with
- Could be Low effort to make just a few changes
- Cheivmintry has done some work on customization and Luxumbra might be able to help here
- Move this higher
Best user experience with custom built integrations with
- High impact and high effort
Universal react native + web app with push notifications
Connected graph of SourceCred instances tied to user identities
List of guilds with tags that could match users profiles
- Once we have guild profiles this will be resolved
- Paco’s idea- suggest guild within onboarding experience
- Guild pages are already part of the plan
Have a way to create a task and assign points for completion
- Similar to market discussed above
Create a catalog of different media
- Low effort but high impact
Create a quest for self reflection
- Misanth- get people to do this as a questline
- Inspire rather than command
Regular rounds of incentivized voting
- P-not a fan, negative impact to results if people are paid to vote.
- Ideally we make decisions/votes that matter rather than pay someone to vote
- Low effort high impact
- Like daily quests
Quality control of library
- High impact
- Users first foray can be overwhelming
- Requires decent amount of effort
- Not hard but we need people to put in the time and effort
- Someone asked what falls under quality control?
- MD suggested that it’s like we want to trim the bushes and keep things well-groomed and optimized
- Reacting to Wiki may support quality control
Create a space on wiki for playbooks and incentivize creation of content
- High impact and medium effort
- MD-Skill trees haven’t manifested into much yet
- Not a technical effort but a lot of coordination effort would be required
Have a bot that asks what background is and suggests things that may be of interest
- Effort- more web3 and not MetaGame specific, like choose your own adventure
- Impact-decently high impact and mostly targets people not in web3.
- Maybe not a bot
Dawg has to go catch a flight
- Reminds the group that our goal is to decide what to do and understand why its important.
- Get to a point where we can execute and then re-evaluate world state.
- Also, best to copy cards to be able to refer back to prior decisions in earlier phase
Next step was to divide into steps and appoint people to work on things
- Blake asked whether we should assign by task or by goal?
- Consensus seems to be finding a champion for each column represented above
- MD- existing bots are in python
- Bot update column
- Simple interface for supply and demand
- Create a space on wiki for playbooks
- GeleeRoyale will take this
- Opportunity to standardized how we produce media
- No docs exist yet on procedures/protocols of production
- Mockups and quest journal
- Vanilladelphia nominated in absentia.
- Misanth will get this one rolling
- Personalization and custom wallpapaer. The person that takes this will need chakra(sp?) and design systems experience
- Luxumbra working in Chievmintry and can help with this
- Vanmoortel also had some PRs in this area historically and may be able to help but was not on the meeting.
- Spec outcomes and create interface and define milestones
- Daily prompt
- Guilds and linking members
Until I figure out how to imbed images in this post, I will share that the pdf copy includes some screenshots and they are available right now in the discord, here: https://discordapp.com/channels/629411177947987986/779790083175743572/784518758558335016