Luxumbra champion proposal

Hereā€™s my proposal to champion some core areas of our wonderful MetaGame.

What will I champion?

• Monthly mint & compensation
  • 'Chievements system
  • Community domain

Monthly Mint & Compensation

Iā€™ve been the Mint champion for a few months, was deputy before that and while the mint has not been without issues in that time, Iā€™d like to continue in my role in making sure people get compensated (on time :sweat_smile:) for the value they create for MetaGame and the community.

What does a couple of seasons with me as a champ look like:

• I will strive to make the monthly distributions happen on time.
  • I will maintain or help to maintain the Coordinape circles and keep members reminded of epochs and deadlines.
  • I will work with builders & the community to further improve the reward & compensation mechanics.

Achievements System

Now we have an operational achievements system after dysbulic & tenfinney built the MVP UI & smart contracts, we need to start using it. I would like to take up the champion role again and over the next couple of seasons push the system & the artwork forwards to the next level where we have:

• Achievements getting sent out regularly; player of the month, patron of the season, ā€˜Buidl for a seasonā€™, etc.
  • 'Chieves for quest completions
  • Discord integration of 'Chieves
  • 'Chieves displayed in player profiles in MetaOS.
  • An improved UI for creating, managing & viewing 'Chieves.
  • Dynamic Player card NFTs for all Players & Patrons

Community Domain

I would like to take on the Octagon champion role for the Community domain. Chievemints, the Mint & Compensation are community focused raids and I have a decent, long standing track record as an innkeeper & being a consistently active, community focused player.

To do this, I will need a deputy like our Tommy, who has shown interest in and has proven track record at championing community related raids, innnkeeping, and the like.

MetaGame is its community. Weā€™re building some cool shit fr fr but it is the community, the fam that make it the best DAO in the space. Life at MG went pretty quiet for a while there and weā€™ve certainly had our ups and downs but we can beat the bear and get the community buzzing again. Shit I will help lead us toward:

• Bigger gatherings, more bridges built, more workshops.
  • Focus on community & player wellbeing.
  • Keep the rewards mechanics operating & find ways to improve things going forwards.
  • Stay true to the MG community and uphold & protect our values as an org.
  • Improve retention & engagement of our members.
  • Finally get NFTs done for Fallen Ones, Eternals / the OGs

How might I fail

I might fail. I wonā€™t pretend - I have had unsuccessful attempts at being champion for a few things. Why? It might be Impostor Syndrome, or IS, or letting myself think that no-one cares about the raid in question (I had this on Achievemints when no-one would turn up to calls and I got ghosted by some people I was counting on).
What I wonā€™t fail to do is inform the community / The Octagon if I feel I am failing or am no longer able to meet my responsibilities.

What I hope to get out of it

I want to improve my non-dev skills, overcome my Impostor Syndrome and earn some half decent $$$ while helping MG succeed. With regards to ā€˜expected payā€™ - Iā€™m striving for similar pay to what Iā€™d get if i was working full-time as a mid level developer but am fully aware I might not get that with current Seed price action. I am committed all the same.

I pledge

I am currently able to commit full-time hours (35 - 45 hr/w) to MetaGame if required.
I promise to report on my areas of reponsibility, weekly, to the relevant channels and I promise to not ghost on my responsibilities. :octopus:

6 Likes

Im down to deputy// assist aswell if i can be helpful, down to invest same amount of hours for metagame.

2 Likes

I heartily support your election.

We need to start creating issues for the ā€™Chievemints site and begin to hash out what our set of potential features are & prioritize them.

@peth mentioned a NFC tap ā†’ POAP minting process that sounds like a really cool feature to audition with the membership cards thatā€™ll hopefully be going out in a month or so. Itā€™s just going to take figuring out gasless minting.

3 Likes