With the new version of SourceCred, we now have some more tools at our disposal to improve the XP distribution in Discord. Here’s the main new features, and my recommended / proposed setup for how we should use them:
- Ability to specify role based weights (e.g. users without any roles can’t create XP by reacting, and users with higher rank roles will create more XP when reacting to stuff).
- No role: 0x weight
- Player: 0.25x weight
- Bronze / Server Booster: 0.5x weight
- Patron / Silver: 0.75x weight
- Gold: 1x weight
- Platinum: 1.25x weight
- Diamond: 1.5x weight.
- Ability to specify channel based weights (e.g. certain channels will have a higher multiplier for reactions)
- All channels by default: 1x weight
- 0x weight: role-select, set-eth-address, events, xp-gains, megaphone, gas-prices, bot-spam, seed-market-alerts:
- 0.25x weight: music, dapps-games, eco-thegame & voting (since people are reacting a lot more, but still valuable to make a poll)
- 0.5x weight: my-thing, check-in, tavern, photoshop-tennis, , brain-exchange
- 2x weight: did-a-thing, give-props, strategery, diamond-club, inner-circle
- Ability to specify a props channel (where the XP goes mostly to the person mentioned instead of the person posting
Other changes I made:
- Gave higher weight to mglight and mgdark emojis (same as octo emoji now, worth 3x other emoji weights)
- Gave 0 weight to and emojis
Here’s an overview of the XP before and after for the top ~150 players:
Let me know what y’all think of this, if anything needs to be changed / added, etc.