Ideation : thinking how mymeta looks like in a small city community

I agree with @P_V_F that education should be always free. But tools should be something worth investing on.

What kind of tools can we offer to these communities?

I understand where you’re at @tommy :taco:

1 Like

@tommy also can I just say how much I love this type of imagining and how we need more of this in this world. Web3 folx tend to forget that there is a world outside of web3 and there are people who are still not working solely on computers. But the above is the kind of stuff that can “break the circle(jerk)” of rat race innovation just for the sake of it. I don’t know if right now is the time to be doing something about this but this can be like a driving goal for the long-term sustainability of MG and its usefulness to the world.

2 Likes

Yes, I totally get you @P_V_F but still it’s not that we can avoid. We are under these comissions in a way. So I was wondering of a way of collaborating and not avoiding or “winning” over no one. There will always be some with more power than others. Just to reach something reasonable.

For example if I’m searching for fundings to renovate a small space inside a community center, which the locals and it’s surroudings will benefit from it, I need to write a good project in order to get funds. Usually I had to reach people that know how to write “their” languange. In this process you risk just giving away a good idea. I’ve applied myself to the Solidarity Funds of Eu last year, so I experienced myself some bitterness :joy:

1 Like

I would add that there are people that simply don’t want to work with computers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, in this world it is almost impossible to truly escape making compromises. But you make a good point. Trying to one-up a whole giant organization will not have a good outcome. What we can do is to add as much pressure as we can from our side in order to not have control over how we choose to do things.

Mymeta is sort of like a business card collection or something of people who are already interested in Metagame.

At the moment, I don’t really see or understand its purpose.

There are a lot of these sort of online catalogs / directories / and I’m not of the mind to use them – The thing that I like to do, is that if there is some kind of project based spark, then, people can get together and contribute within that project – and get to know each other better.

This, is why I think I am focused more on Metagame Active Raids as a vehicle for project management.

Cause, project management actually gets things going.

If you are interested in creating a directory as a byproduct of project management – then, I could imagine onboarding some people into the MG ecosystem, and then giving them an Active Raid channel for a specific purpose | time frame.

And then, I could see the myMeta and the XP and that sort of thing, acting as a scorecard signal // reputation signal for competency.

And, I think people would enjoy getting pSEED contributions via their active raids – and that’s nice as it makes a bit of economic ties, or if they need the money, a bit of a subsidy.

.:.

So, I would say, breaking up these project into MG - Sub Servers. – and integrating those servers with source cred allocations within specific time windows allotted – to be renewed or not.

In a sense, the source cred servers are an incubator for a small but effective community / web3 application.

Now where does it go:

The Farmers Market example is pretty solid, but I would go with a Regional Farmers Market – multi-county. So, in this scenario, we are looking at an aggregate of individual low fund treasuries which would be deposited into a shared yield account [Sort of like a DAO Treasury for a inter-county farmers market.]

This sort of scenario would go very well with marketing and food education programs targeted toward these regions – because the more people are aware of quality foods, and the more people are in the habit of hobbyist gardens, and the more people are aware of CSA or gleaning opportunities

[Now we are integrating with food banks.]

Then, you get this sort of minor crypto shared treasury holdings infrastructure – and you deposit some basket of stables into Aave, or you convert the holdings to tricrypto and deposit them into Curve – something where the onboarding and offboarding of funds are easy - and it’s safe, and it’s functionally superior to a bank – with the added benefits of a shared web3 workers group and boosted aggregate yield.

As a note - the food banks, themselves - as NPOs may be hesitant to become financially entangled, but they would be good social connection assets – to basically plug into their programs – in this scenario. – Because they are already connected to everyone – but the problem is that they have likely more strict financial management issues – or may be conservative, because they rely on federal grants some of the time to operate - or may have concerns in maintaining 501c3 status.

So, this would be a ‘meta financial collective’ which empowers a scattered group of aligned participants – but is also serving the same cause as a non-web3 group.

So, to translate this into your scenario – I would look at the sort of community that is already looking into it, as well as the similar smaller entities that could be grouped in around them – either “psychographically” – which means “people like us do things like this” – from wherever.

or, regionally – such as the inter-county food banks of WA.

[This is basically a grassroots / web3 / DAO version of Americorps / Slow Food Marketing Collective / Permacultural Education Group – who has its own Discord server – (cause yours is chaotic) – but uses source-cred – and is bootstrapped by pSEED - and shares the same XP system as mymeta.]

Alternative versions of this would be like:

Groups of housing co-ops. [https://www.madisoncommunity.coop/]

• Do they have an income stream [multiple]
  • Is there a type of business model there?
  • Do they have one or multiple treasuries that could be put into a gnosis safe and lended to aave?
  • Is there some kind of project, which could be seen as an effective direction for labor to be directed – some kind of quest – [our mission is to increase home gardens in central WA - and we are going to help fund this execution with web3, with the support of a local network of farmers and organizations etc.]
  • Do they share a similar audience?

If a group has a scatterplot which can be aligned with those objectives – and condensed into a discord channel with an active raid – and net positive income expectations on some timeline.

Then, I think it works.

And at that point, mymeta is basically data collection byproduct.

And MetaGame – is basically a web3 community incubator.

And pSeed is basically the thing which starts each of these communities. The initial drippings for labor.

Also worth noting that there is likely significant overlap in this idea with 1hive gardens as applied to real world. – or DAOHaus, or Colony.

1 Like

Do you have a nice link to this?

I think the idea presented got lost somewhere way back. This post was meant to be about using mymeta profiles applied to a completely different community. I’m confused why we’re talking about MetaGame?

I’m not sure that I follow why person x is expected to first make an investment to use dework?

1 Like

I was unable to separate mymeta from metagame, in my mind.

1 Like

Assuming person X doesn’t have a crypto wallet, there will always be an initial investment. rigth?

Can have a free Metamask wallet connected to earn?

You can get a MetaMask for free? I guess binance is the one you need the intial investment

here is a new one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/02/08/29-year-old-ceo-pushes-crypto-company-during-super-bowl-by-giving-away-millions-bitcoin/

1 Like