Help request 🙏

Just a general thread for requesting help.

It can be any kind of help:

• You need builders for your dapp
  • You need funds for your project
  • You’re looking for tools
  • Troubleshooting anything
  • Even emotional support

If we can’t help you directly, we might be able to help you by tweeting your request for help through the official MetaGame twitter account :wink:

Hey @peth

Not really a help request, but question – do you have a spec or idea pile or anything that outlines the software that you are going to build for a game?

As I see it now – pure chat cooperation is not enough, you need some platform for people interaction and all the dapps/daos/etc integrations there. Like reddit of all the discussions, but Game of all the Buidls.

I would imagine starting with something like MVP profile buidler and then growing it into full narrative with quests and raids and guilds.

Altogether, if you do have the ideas for soft gathered somewhere – I’d like to take a look. If not – I’d love to contribute on organising something like general spec, maybe development around it in future :heart_decoration:

Yea we have a rough plan for implementing the actual “MetaGame App”, its just that we realized there’s a bunch of other loose ends we need to tie up first (wiki, forums, consolidating SEED amounts into one source of truth, migrating to new quest system, migrating the DAO to a properly setup one, SEED market, etc). My time got sucked up by a lot of this managerial / coordination stuff since we had tons of new players coming in that were super confused and even among the existing players there was a lot of misalignment of information that had to be sorted out.

HOWEVER we are now moving in to the design phases and starting to sketch out spec / requirements. Need to do a better job of documenting this stuff so people know what’s going on (see, more coordination stuff! hard to choose between doing work and coordinating lol), but here’s some deets:

@Saimano made an MVP of linking 3box accounts with ETH addresses for player profiles: https://github.com/manolingam/metagame-3box

• good start, now we just need a database to track all the player identities across GitHub, Discord, Forums, etc

@pacobacpac and I are working on setting up the backend infrastructure / DB schema that will serve as a foundation for player data and XP system, so we can actually have a place to query things from. Here’s the rough WIP: https://dbdiagram.io/d/5e91681639d18f5553fd6ed1

In the meantime, I’m working with SourceCred team to wire up the Quest / Initiatives plugin so we can connect all the stuff like Intercon into the XP system. Its 99% ready, only thing left is “inline contributions” so we can account for stuff that isn’t in github/discord/forums.

In terms of implementing the app, the stack we are looking at is:

• React Native + React Native Web (Using Expo) for native mobile and web apps
  • Hasura + Postgres DB on backend
  • TypeScript full stack
  • NodeRed for Discord Bot interactions to automate stuff and talk to DB
  • NodeJS container for various backend logic / handlers

If you have a good idea / vision for how the app should work, what features it should have, etc, would love for you to contribute / help! There’s stuff we’ve talked about, but not a formalized specification or user stories or anything concrete. Right now I’m just trying to lay the groundwork before I can properly think and plan that stuff through, so I can maybe ramble out all my various disjointed thoughts / ideas / plans if you wanted to use that as a basis to condense / synthesize it into something more meaningful / orderly? Let me know what makes sense for you / what you want! Guide me and I can guide you :slight_smile: we’re all on equal playing field here

1 Like

Wow, thanks for your reply and all the efforts there! :pray:

My time got sucked up by a lot of this managerial / coordination stuff since we had tons of new players coming in that were super confused and even among the existing players there was a lot of misalignment of information that had to be sorted out.

I can help with management and coordination too. Once I figure things out myself, haha :unicorn:

If you have a good idea / vision for how the app should work, what features it should have, etc, would love for you to contribute / help!

Well, don’t wanna be the dictator there – I’d start with something very basic and then can try implement all the community ideas in.
Also, gotta discuss architecture that we can allow easy modular plugins and agile APIs. Also, what will go on-chain and what gotta live on servers for now. All these exciting things :slight_smile:

Right now I’m just trying to lay the groundwork before I can properly think and plan that stuff through, so I can maybe ramble out all my various disjointed thoughts / ideas / plans if you wanted to use that as a basis to condense / synthesize it into something more meaningful / orderly?

It would make sense to sync up on the current state of things. I’m pretty excited about the possibility :smiley:

1 Like

Yup, I think JAMstack fits well with our goals of modular / agile APIs and infra: https://jamstack.org

Is there a Metagame Brand Kit or Asset repo somewhere?

My colleague was going to help me make graphics for a post and would like know.

1 Like

There’s some here, and more all over the place :grimacing:
What kind of things are needed? Happy to help

1 Like

ahh perfect. Likely just color schemes, fonts should be be good enough for now.