Design guild in Season 9 by Dave

What I want to achieve over the next Season (3 months)

1. Provide designs for top-priority projects in alignment with Tech, Growth, and other guilds

• Together with other guilds align on how we might reach the most important goals for MetaGame, short-term and long-term.
  • Then provide designs for those initiatives in an inclusive and collaborative way.

2. Streamline the design process

• Ensure that all UIs use the latest versions of UI components
  • Tidy up and re-factor the UI component library in Figma
  • Restart the discussion about a tighter collaboration on the Design System

3. Start tracking real usage of MetaGame’s UIs

• Right now, we are still only guessing about how and how much people use our UIs.
  • This makes it impossible to measure actual effects of our work, as well as to identify possibly problematic areas for the users.
  • To fix this, we will start using a usage tracking tool (e.g., Plausible) so that we can inform our decisions with actual data

Moonstone #1 - (first-month milestone)

• We have decided on up to three top-priority projects for the season and started designing
  • I have done the first pass of refactoring our UI component library
  • We have decided on which analytics tool to use for MetaGame and installed it. The first data is pouring in. Now we have a better idea of what is really happening.

Moonstone #2 - (second-month milestone)

• Designs are ready for implementation.
  • I have improved the project and file structure in Figma, so that the design process is smoother and easier to follow for all stakeholders.
  • We have been actively tracking usage data for over a month. We have also set up specific goals (e.g., conversion) and can now start planning experiments to make relevant performance improvements.

Moonstone #3 - (third-month milestone)

• Designs have been implemented.
  • The new project and file structure in Figma has been finalized and the process has been documented.
  • We have improved the metrics on at least one specific performance goal. We know this because we can compare the data before and after the change. Now we have a reliable and repeatable process for building digital products that people truly want and know how to use.

Why this is important for MetaGame

The Design Guild will keep supporting all other guilds and areas of MetaGame in reaching their respective current and long-term goals.

We will do this by:

1. Facilitating more focused and productive discussions,
  2. Delivering high-quality designs,
  3. Designing “in the open,” meaning that all stakeholders will be invited to observe and participate in the design process from the eginning to the end,
  4. Introducing tried and tested product discovery methods into our ways of working.

Why am I the right person for it

I have rich experience researching and designing digital products and services. During my 20+ years long career, I have gained the knowledge and skills for taking products from an idea to a successful launch. Above all, I like MetaGame and want to see it succeed in its mission :purple_heart:

How might I fail at it

1. If there aren’t enough builders to implement the designs.
  2. If there aren’t sufficient funds to cover the costs of tools (e.g., what we decide to use for tracking usage).
  3. If the ideas described above don’t get approved by other champions.
  4. If I need to take extended time off due to personal reasons.

What I’ll need help with

I prefer working in an async mode whenever possible. This means I will likely not be able to attend all meetings. Instead, I will aim to post my updates in a way that will allow anybody to check them at the time that works for them, specifically.

I would appreciate it if others could do the same and/or if important meetings could be recorded, for example.

What I hope to get out of it

Above all, I hope to gain more experience and joy from this co-creating experience.

While I am not in this for the money, a secure and stable compensation would go a long way in enabling me to allocate more time to working for MetaGame.

My expected range of pay would be between $5000 and $6000, monthly.

I pledge…

I can currently commit up to 5 hours per week to MetaGame.

If awarded with a regular monthly remuneration of $5k-6k/month, I could guarantee a minimum of 20 hours invested into MetaGame every week, possibly more.

I pledge to report my progress regularly, let others know when I can’t & gracefully step down from my championing role if/when I have to.

2 Likes

Appreciate the in-depth proposal & going into detail on how more money will enable you to put in more time - great to know for our potential investors.

Happy to inform you our google analytics is functional, I started more actively using it about a month ago - tho Vid has been pulling me to replace it with Plausible, which I like simply because its not Google’s :man_shrugging:
Also apparently easy to implement.

1 Like

Appreciate the in-depth proposal & going into detail on how more money will enable you to put in more time - great to know for our potential investors.

Appreciate your understanding :pray:

Happy to inform you our google analytics is functional, I started more actively using it about a month ago - tho Vid has been pulling me to replace it with Plausible, which I like simply because its not Google’s :man_shrugging:
Also apparently easy to implement.

True, Plausible is privacy focused and open source. Easy to install and use. Absolutely worth the $10/month IMO :+1: It has some other cool features, too: Plausible: Privacy focused Google Analytics alternative | Plausible Analytics

1 Like

I support this Proposal & agree with the sentiment regarding the process. I’ve been away from the Design Guild but this has great value

1 Like