Cheeky blog post concept/draft piggy-backing on Matt Mullenwegs "5 Levels of Remote Culture"

So recently I listened to a sam harris podcast with Matt M, founder of Auttomatic and early dev for Wordpress. He speaks about “5 Levels of Remote-First Culture”

on 4/10 he summarized it in a post, and because of my being introduced to this MetaGame philisophy, the first thing that popped in my head was “Congrats Matt! You’ve unlocked 2 new Boss Levels for Remote-First Culture”

I ran with it and whipped up this draft

1. Need to know if im completely off base, brutally honest and just be like “Yo this is not really what we are looking for” so I don’t waste more time.
  2. If it has legs, it’d be sweet to get more feedback on specific wordings of things at the Boss Levels. Trying to keep it short and to the point.
  3. Some graphics or memes would also increase impact. This one guy made a pyramid demoing the first 5-levels and i’m sure there’s a way to play off of that. Also an achievement badge to use as a social image would be hilarious.
    https://medium.com/swlh/the-five-levels-of-remote-work-and-why-youre-probably-at-level-2-ccaf05a25b9c
  4. Placement and Distribution. If you actually want it as a MetaGame shill post, take it! It’ might increase impact by coordinating some retweet storm along the lines of “Congrats on unlocking those 2 new boss levels Matt!” to get him to be like wtf, then read it and starting an open dialogue.
1 Like

@peth reccomends updating Level 7 “nirvana” to

“When your distributed team starts merging into a network of Nirvana level distributed teams & starts forming the fabric of a new society”

Which I did but I think it might makes sense to tweak it a little to

“When your distributed team starts merging into a network of Level 5 distributed teams & starts forming the fabric of a new society”

Because 1. Its playing off of Matt’s definition that I renamed “Level 5”, and 2. The idea he was trying to convey is that its a state that may seem slightly out of reach but something to constantly strive for. So it feels like there should be 1 Nirvana level, that’s definition evolves as your progress.

1 Like

Here is the draft link on medium ready to publish.

Wanted to put a button on this so I can move on.

It’s published here. https://medium.com/@patrickssucceeding/congrats-matt-youve-unlocked-2-boss-levels-of-remote-first-culture-8a21db806bda?source=friends_link&sk=9d906be0af8caaf655a293a4938c1606

1 Like